Reload this Page >

Vienna to Prague train question

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 6th, 2002, 12:07 PM
Melanie

Hi - I will be in Vienna next month and plan on taking the train to Prague. We want to take the earliest train (around 6:40 a.m.). Should I buy my tickets at the station - day of travel, buy in the states now, or buy a day or so in advance while we are in Vienna?<BR><BR>Thanks for the advice - Melanie

Old May 7th, 2002, 07:46 AM
Marcie

I have the same question but going the opposite way...from Prague to Vienna on a Sunday morning. is there any reason to buy the tickets ahead of time or just buy them the morning of our journey at the train station??? Please help melanie and I....thanks!

Old May 7th, 2002, 08:16 AM
Patrick

Hi, I´m planning to travel with my wife from Viena to Prague. It is possible to buy the tickets with credit card? and also, how much it cost? just one way.

Old May 7th, 2002, 08:41 AM
Louis Parent

My experience with train travel in Europe is that tickets are much cheaper (more than 50% cheaper in fact) if you buy them over there. It's a good idea to buy them a day or two before your day of travel.<BR><BR>You can also make seat reservation on-line with most major European Railways. Check http://www.oebb.at/ for Austrian Railways.

Old May 11th, 2002, 06:45 AM
Lian

You might also check out the Czech railways website at http://idos.datis.cdrail.cz/<BR><BR>I've been to both the Austrian/Czech sites and they've helped me quite a bit in planning. However, I'd love any tips on how to get from Vienna to Cesky Krumlov. The shortest I could find involved a 7 hour train ride with 3 connections!

Old May 13th, 2002, 08:41 AM
Melanie

Lian -<BR><BR>Thanks for the note. We are actually going to Cesky Krumlov before we are going to Vienna.<BR><BR>Our actual travel trip will be: Prague-CK-Salzburg-Vienna-Prague<BR><BR>We will be driving the whole trip except for the Vienna back to Prague portion. We couldn't find any easy train or bus routes that didn't take all day. CK to Salzburg is suppose to be 2-3 hours max. and then Salzburg to Vienna another couple hours. We decided to split the time up and since we have several people with us its actually aroudn the same price as taking trains the whole time.