Reload this Page >

Monte Carlo Grand Prix

Search

Monte Carlo Grand Prix

Search this Thread

Old May 10th, 2002, 04:53 AM
Katie

Monte Carlo Grand Prix

Hi Everyone<BR><BR>I am going to the Monte Carlo Grand Prix at the end of this month. We are staying for a week. I have been in Monte Carlo before but never during this time. Will the shops be open for shopping? What kind of clothes do peolpe wear during the day? Any suggestions for excellent gourmet restaurants close by (we have already booked the Hotel du Paris for some evenings). <BR><BR>I intend to amuse myself some days while my husband watches the race, any suggestions on activities or things to do?<BR><BR>Any other advvice would be appreciated.<BR><BR>Many thanks<BR><BR>Katie

Old May 10th, 2002, 08:11 AM
Wendy

I happened to be in Nice during the Grand Prix 2 years ago. It was very exciting!<BR><BR>In Monaco people will be wearing very nice sportswear (think impecable khakis with polo shirts and gorgeous silk or cashmere sweaters if it's chilly). People watching is a great past-time! We sat outside at cafes and watched for hours!<BR><BR>There is a very large restaurant across and to the right of Monte Carlo which has a huge area of outdoor seating. This was the place to be for lunch when I was there. <BR><BR>I remember mosto of the shops being open.<BR><BR>You may also want to take the train to Cannes and Nice to explore, go to the museum, shop and check out the beach if it's nice out.<BR><BR>Have a fantastic time!

Old May 13th, 2002, 04:55 AM
ttt

Topping

Old May 13th, 2002, 05:57 AM
hooks

What dates does it take place?

Old May 13th, 2002, 07:45 AM
ttt

May 25th Weekend.

Old May 14th, 2002, 04:42 AM
ttt

ttt

Old May 14th, 2002, 06:48 AM
alsogoing

Any other advice on dress for the race itself?