Mont St. Michel - Accommodations

Feb 8th, 2005, 09:19 PM
Original Poster

Mont St. Michel - Accommodations

I did a search here and haven't come up with much. I need a room for 3 women. R.S. (you know who I mean) lists Hotel la Vieille Auberge as having triple rooms but I can't find much on it. Any info? Thanks.
Feb 9th, 2005, 03:08 AM

Ronda,

We stayed at Auberge Saint-Pierre (found it via Logis de France). Some advice relative to staying ON Mont St. Michel - DO NOT stay in a room which is ABOVE a restaurant/bar OR whose windows face into the town. We did not sleep at all due to the noise. The restaurant closed late/ the cleaning crew hung under our window/ and beer barrels rolled in and out of the only road in town before dawn in preparation for the new day of tourists. We decided to get up and leave since we could not rest with the racket.

Hope the hotel guidance helps.
Feb 10th, 2005, 09:00 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the tip, delvino. Has anyone stayed at Hotel la Vieille Auberge? I can't find a web site for the hotel.
Feb 10th, 2005, 01:43 PM

My room at Mouton Blanc was above the restaurant and faced into the street and I heard no noise.

Keith
Feb 10th, 2005, 01:50 PM

We had a horrid room in Mouton Blanc. It faced the corridor & there was a cabaret below. A group of noisy Germans partied till the wee hours and we slept very little. Had items stolen from luggage there as well. I highly recomment Terasses Poulard. On earlier trip there we stayed there and had a wonderful room with floorlength windows that opened out & the only sound was the wind & song birds early the next morning.
Feb 10th, 2005, 03:51 PM

My wife and I stayed at Terrasses Poulard, and our room had a very large bed (king or queen), as well as a separate daybed. (Our dog ended up sleeping on it, but a third person would do just fine, I think). We thought the hotel itself was just fine - not the Ritz, but charming and clean - and it's definitely worth staying on the Mont. Wandering the ancient passages at night (especially after some Calvados) gives you a whole other sense of the place. Don't miss the little chapel with the statue of St. Michel throwing down the devil.
Feb 19th, 2005, 03:33 PM
Original Poster

I found a nice page with a list of hotels and restaurants in the area as well as on the Mont. Scroll almost to the bottom for accommodations on the Mont.

http://www.mont-saint-michel-baie.com/
Feb 22nd, 2005, 02:04 PM
Original Poster

TTT for Samantha.
Feb 9th, 2007, 06:54 AM

Has anyone stayed at the Hotel du Guesclin?
Feb 9th, 2007, 08:19 AM

If you are considering a hotel that is not on MSM, this one is the last one before the causeway and I'm pretty sure they had triples. I liked staying here, sitting on the little deck and looking at MSM lit up at night. Have fun!

http://www.ladigue.fr/