Monemvasia Hotels

Search

Monemvasia Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3rd, 2018, 01:27 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Monemvasia Hotels

We will be in Monemvasia in late June for three nights and I am hoping other travellers who have been to Monemvasia can help us choose from the following list of hotels which one we should stay at (they all seem very nice):

1. Likinia Hotel
2. Byzantino Boutique Hotel
3. Theophano Art Hotel
4. Ardamis Traditional Guesthouse

Thanks for your time.

Michael
Old Apr 3rd, 2018, 02:06 PM

I was in Monemvasia last year and stayed at the Byzantino Hotel. I had a room above the Byzantino Cafe.
First thing you need to understand about hotels in Monemvasia is that a "hotel" means collection of rooms scattered across all over the town. The hotel office "location" and the your rooms can be located at very different locations. All rooms are medieval rooms renovated as best as possible to accommodate modern enough interior. I have yet to have stayed in any room not requiring uneven steps up or down to the room and then MORE steps INSIDE the room!
Once you enter the city gate, either you call your hotel to help you with luggage or you carry them yourself. This is not a good place to visit with heavy 30" luggage. The streets are too uneven for wheeled luggage.
If the location of the room is important to you, contact each hotel to find out if you can specify a particular room. If stairs are issues, I don't think they can eliminate them, but you might be able to avoid ones requiring climbing up/down spiral stairs you might find in a submarine.
Old Apr 13th, 2018, 04:40 AM

In love with Monemvasia <3 I stayed at Ardamis! It is set in the lower part of the old town of Monemvasia, overlooking the sea... Magical location with great ocean views!!! The guesthouse is traditional but also very comfortable. The owner is impeccable, shared a lot of tips about what to do around the area. The place was very clean, I liked the decoration and the furniture they've chosen. The castle town is like a fairy-tale... The best wine tasting experience I've had in Greece was in this region. Check out Byron's Wine Kamara, a variety of wines to taste with nice snacks as well. I liked the food at Kanoni next to the square.