Reload this Page >

Hotel Du Cadran ?

Search

Hotel Du Cadran ?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 11:47 AM
Kent

Hotel Du Cadran ?

Will be traveling to Paris in October 2002, and would like any information on the Hotel Du Cadran.

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 03:01 PM
paul

We have stayed at the du Cadran at least 15 times. Smallish rooms (it is Paris you know); very clean; great bathrooms (wife is very particular about this); super muiltilingual staff (friendly, helpful and they care); excellent location in a great neighborhood and many good places to eat within walking distance. We expect to return again in Dec. More info available if needed.

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 06:28 PM
Fred

Gets good reviews from people who have stayed there, as follows:<BR>Hotel du Cadran-<BR>wonderful! <BR>a small, intimate, quiet hotel<BR>spotlessly clean<BR>Everyone at the hotel speaks English <BR>staff very helpful<BR>Quiet and safe at night. <BR>rooms are extremely tiny and blandly decorated<BR>bathroom was very nice.<BR>staff was wonderful<BR>delightful. <BR>very clean and quiet. <BR>rooms small<BR>For more Paris information e-mail me: [email protected]

Old Jul 20th, 2002, 01:57 PM
BTilke

My last stay at the hotel was a little over two weeks ago and it was pleasant as always. You won't need air conditioning in October, but for the record, it worked VERY well. Generally, the rooms are compact with little in the way of storage space. Take minimal luggage, but note they will store luggage for you down in the baggage room. <BR>Decor: wonderful little salon, blue leather sofas, a fireplace (great if you hit a cold spell in October), small bar, really beautiful antique clock. <BR>Rooms are furnished with pale wood (whitewashed oak, I think), beds with pretty blue and white bedspreads. Beds are firm but comfortable. Bathrooms are sparkling clean, modern and done in all white ceramic tile made to look like marble (check closely and you'll see a thin plastic faux marble overlay on the plain white tiles--clever!).<BR>Top floor rooms 504 to 508 have views of the Eiffel Tower. I had room 504, a corner room with a view of both the Tower and the rue Cler market. This room would be either a single or a SMALL (smaller than usual) double.<BR>Breakfast is served in a pretty stone basement "cave", but I think it's better to eat at one of the nearby bakeries or cafes. <BR>Only downside (besides the lack of storage): the international reception (CNN, etc.) on the tv tends to go wonky late at night. Call down to the front desk if it does--they can fix it quickly (without coming to your room; they just have to adjust some equipment in the basement).<BR>BTilke (Brussels)

Old Jul 20th, 2002, 02:08 PM
Pat Klontz

We stayed at Hotel Du Cadran this spring, and in general, our stay was fine. The location is excellent. As noted, the a/c works great---but only when it is working. Ours was not working part of the time, and although the temperatures would have been fine without a/c, the noise level was not. The staff, which indeed had been friendly up to that point, was not friendly or helpful when I insisted on changing rooms. We stayed several nights at that hotel, and we were using four rooms, so I felt that two nights in a noisy room with no a/c could be passed on to the next customer instead of continuing to stick me in the room if the a/c could not be fixed. They kept insisting they were full and could not give me a different room yet someone had checked out while I waited to talk to them. They finally saw things my way but not without some assertion on my part. <BR><BR>Rooms are exceptionally small even for Paris, in my opinion. I have been there two other times, and felt that Cadran had a better rating from most who wrote in on Fodor's than it deserved. In fact, a couple of the posts on this thread almost appear to be advertisements. It was okay but not especially a great value except for the location. There were many other hotels in that general area. I will try a different one next time. <BR><BR>Pat Klontz