Moderately Priced Hotel In Berlin

Old Feb 19th, 2014, 05:08 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Moderately Priced Hotel In Berlin

I will be spending 6 days in Berlin in early June. I would be very grateful for any hotel recommendations members can offer.

I want to be close to as many tourist attractions as possible. I've never been to Berlin, so want to avoid any areas which are not safe, particularly at night. I don't want to stay in luxury hotels, but also don't want to stay in hotels which are at the very bottom of the list, in terms of quality. . My preference would be moderately priced hotels, or hotels which you consider to be a bargain.

This forum has always been very generous and helpful, and I thank you in advance for any help you can provide.
Old Feb 19th, 2014, 05:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Adlon Kempinski?

Thin
Old Feb 19th, 2014, 05:49 PM

We are staying at Pension Peters this coming July. I picked it based on location, price, and reviews. http://www.pension-peters-berlin.de/ Good luck finding a great place!
Old Feb 19th, 2014, 07:21 PM

A moderate hotel in the thick of things, with a lovely rooftop breakfast terrace. You can easily walk to sites, restaurants, Zoo, KaDeWe, etc. The subway stop is in front of the hotel. Hop-on, Hop-off tours are right outside. http://hotel-boulevard-berlin.h-rzn.com/
Old Feb 19th, 2014, 08:52 PM

Berlin is a huge hotel bargain. I usually book through www.hotels.de but www.bookings.com is a reliable standard too.

Here is the key: get something highly rated on either site (ratings are done by people who have stayed at the property, not by the general public as with Tripadvisor). Read the user comments - - if everybody says it is not only nice, but wonderfully convenient, then it is a no-brainer. If they say it is nice, but impossible to get to anything, then book something else. Watch your cancellation policy - - another reason I like www.hotels.de is that cancellation is often free till the day of arrival.

And here's the kicker: check again around three to two weeks before your arrival. Very often even better places become available around then, because they have too much availability, and slash their prices. This is very common in the Berlin market.