Reload this Page >

Milton Keynes. How to fill in the days

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13th, 2002, 10:23 PM
Aussie

Hi, I am wondering what there is to do at Milton Keynes over a 4 day week x 5 weeks.<BR>while partner is working.<BR>Any places that are must see's.<BR>Maybe take in some sort of short course, massage, yoga ????<BR>Any help would be great, Thankyou.

Old Jul 13th, 2002, 10:54 PM
mpprh

Hi<BR><BR>I spend odd days working in MK, and the answer to your question is ................... shopping !<BR><BR>There are dry ski runs, cinemas, sports arenas etc too.<BR><BR>There are some nice villages nearby if you have a car.<BR><BR>Also MK is in reach of day trips to London.<BR><BR>Peter<BR>http://tlp.netfirms.com

Old Jul 14th, 2002, 12:49 AM
Hiho

Would suggest the study of economics.

Old Jul 14th, 2002, 08:01 AM
ron

Bletchley Park has got to be a must-see, but it is only open weekends.<BR><BR>Take a walk along the Grand Union Canal, south to Leighton Buzzard, stopping for lunch at the canalside pub at Soulbury Three Locks. Read about the ghost that haunts the pub. Return from Leighton Buzzard by train if the return walk is too much.

Old Jul 14th, 2002, 09:07 AM
barbara

I was in Milton Keynes several years ago for work. When I had a few scattered days off, I took the train into London for the day. It was easy, and not too long of a trip, about an hour if memory serves me right. It was nice to have time to explore things at my own pace.

Old Jul 14th, 2002, 10:29 AM
Shannon

Aside from spending time at the huge shopping mall they have there, if you have a car, you might take a drive through parts of Epping Forest, or over to Waltham Abbey.

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 01:54 AM
Ruth

If you have a car, you will find Milton Keynes is very central, and within reach of places like Cambridge, Oxford, Warwick, Stratford etc. You will also become an expert on traffic roundabouts! <BR><BR>As far as courses go I would suggest trying the local library - they should be able to put you in touch with colleges etc that offer short courses, and will probably also offer other local information, e.g. clubs and societies. There may be a chance to do voluntary work in a wide range of organisations. <BR><BR>I believe Bletchley Park is open on weekdays too, but that the best tours are on weekends. see www.bletchleypark.org.uk<BR><BR>Hope you enjoy your stay!