London in 6 days or 8 days

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29th, 2003, 12:08 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are booking our trip to London soon and want to know what everyone recommends. We can do 6 days or 8 days. Can we see a lot of London in 6 or will we be rushed? We've never been and don't want to kill ourselves.
Old Mar 29th, 2003, 12:16 PM

Your question is rather open-ended. In my opinion, you certainly can't see all there is to see in London in 6 or 8 days, but you can make a very good dent in your travel objectives. Stay as long as you can, and if that is 8 days just construct an itinerary that gives you about 4 to 6 hours (max) of vigorous sightseeing each day. Decide what is most important to see after reading up on the city, list what places you want to see or go each day, and then plan on a great visit. The London Underground trains can take you anywhere you want to go. Good luck.
Old Mar 29th, 2003, 12:27 PM

"Rushed" is a matter of how much you try to do in one day, and your capacity. You could stay in London for 6 or 8 WEEKS and still not see and do everything that's available. I'd recommend 8 days, with a trip outside the city for a day or two in the middle.
Old Mar 29th, 2003, 12:38 PM

I'd go for the 8 days as well. I could easily find enough to keep me busy just staying in London but there are also multiple day trips you can do easily from London-Bath, Oxford, Windsor Castle, Hampton Court to name a few.
Old Mar 29th, 2003, 02:35 PM

The previous posters have said it very well. Definitely plan on 8 days. If you pace yourselves, you'll appreciate what you see a lot more than if you fill every hour. Vary your routine. For example, even if museums are at the top of your "must see" list, don't go to more than two in one day or you'll suffer from "information overload." Take a couple of day trips. Go for walks. Sit and people watch. Have a great trip!
Old Mar 29th, 2003, 03:29 PM

is the 6 or 8 days the length of the entire trip - or the time &quot;on the ground&quot; in London? <BR><BR>As the others have said 6 weeks wouldn't be long enough to see all of London - but then again neither would 6 years.<BR><BR>But if you are talking a total of 6 days you really would only have 4.5 days in London. The first day/night is spent over the Atlantic getting there and the last day is mostly taken up with getting to the airport and checking in for your flight home. So definitely go for 8 days.
Old Mar 29th, 2003, 03:32 PM

I've not been yet (winging my way there in May) but had to share a laugh. A friend gave me a little guidebook, &quot;London in 48 Hours&quot;. <BR><BR>For some reason it utterly cracked me up. I pictured running from place to place like tourists on speed! lol<BR><BR>And that's all from the peanut gallery. *chuckle*<BR><BR>~ Sheryl<BR><BR>