Milan - Malpensa Hotels

Search

Milan - Malpensa Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21st, 2007, 03:10 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Milan - Malpensa Hotels

We have a very early flight (6:15 a.m.)out of Milan Malpensa Airport and I was wondering whether anyone has experience with the hotels in the area. I don't want the expense or the possibility we will not be able to get a cab from the city to the airport and as a result, miss our flight. If anyone can recommend a hotel, it would be appreciated.

Thanks for any help
Old Jun 21st, 2007, 05:12 PM

We stayed at First Hotel Malpensa. It was perfect for us and the restaurant around the corner, LaQuercia, was excellent. We took a shuttle from the Lake area back to Malpensa and the hotel sent a shuttle for us (you have to call them)and they shuttle you back for your flight. However, I don't think the shuttle runs until 5AM so check that
carefully. www.firsthotel.it and also several hotel reviews on Trip Advisor.
Old Jun 22nd, 2007, 08:28 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply. Any idea on how early we should arrive for the flight?
Old Jun 22nd, 2007, 08:49 AM

We also stayed at First Hotel - very please. We had dinner in the hotel restaurant, a pleasant surprise, and took their shuttle for a really early flight.
Old Jun 23rd, 2007, 07:39 PM

As to what time to be at the airport I thought international required you to be there at least two hours before your flight. You might just want to stay up all night in the airport and sleep on the plane. We had a later morning flight out of Malpensa and even with being there a bit earlier than the two hour requirement we didn't have any extra time. Maybe someone else can tell you if it is crowded for the early flights. Hope it works out and you have a great trip.
Old Jun 25th, 2007, 05:35 AM

About 7 years, ago, I stayed at Hotel Cervo very near Malpensa. They were just beginning renovations at the time, and after just checking their site, hotelcervo..it I see they have apparently upgraded the place, which I thought was more than adequate *before* renovations.

We spent our final night there before flying out so our demands weren't very high, but we enjoyed the place. I remember the bed being comfortable, the shower having a heated towel-warmer which came in handy during our winter stay.

The place is totally different now, because of the renovations, but I would stay there again.
Old Nov 27th, 2007, 02:04 PM

bkm