Meeting someone at the Rome train station

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16th, 2003, 07:57 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife and I will be staying in Rome and are scheduled to meet up with another couple flying into Rome, before travelling to Positano. We will start by training from Rome, where we are scheduled to meet them. <BR><BR>I'm trying to think of a place that would be easy for them to find us. I'm thinking of just telling them to meet us at one of the train track signs, for instance where you would board a train leaving from &quot;track 10&quot;.<BR><BR>Anyone else have an idea on an ideal meeting place. I'm not sure how they will be getting to the train station from FCO. I've never flow into FCO, is there a train that runs from the airport to the main Rome train station?<BR><BR>Thanks for any help.<BR><BR>Mark
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 08:11 AM

Yes there is a shuttle train that departs from FCO Rome Airport every 20 minutes and which costs about 10 euros per person (one way fare. This train is called Leonardo Express and arrives In Termini Train Station (platform 26) after about 30 minutes. <BR>The Station tends to be pretty crowded all the time, so i can suggest as a meeting place the MC DONALDS (I know it is a weird place to meet each other, but that's the place where I would always meet friends and people coming from abroad, also because as soon as they asked &quot;where is MC Donalds?&quot; people will point them directly THERE! Easy! also for the Big sign easy to be spotted) As soon as you go past the platforms you'll find yourselves in the upper gallery of the station or Forum (there is a lower Forum or SHopping mall packed with shops of all kinds downstairs) and that's where Mc Donalds is (upper gallery).
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 08:26 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply. I think we'll take your advice, sounds simple and hassle free.
Old Feb 18th, 2003, 07:32 AM
GAC

The Leonardo da Vinci shuttle to/from FCO operates every 30 minutes Fare is 9.30 euros.
Old Feb 23rd, 2003, 02:43 PM

Like your idea...binario cinque!
Old Feb 23rd, 2003, 02:56 PM

At airports, I usually specify either the departure level roadway or, if inside, the Hertz rental counter.<BR><BR>The McDonalds would be good if there is one. Otherwise, why not track 5 or the closed number over 5 if 5 does not exist.<BR><BR>Why not have a password like James Bond? &quot;The birds fly south&quot; or something like that.
Old Feb 23rd, 2003, 05:08 PM
Original Poster

Hiroshi..... BATUFFOLINA says there is a McDonalds inside the Rome station, I have no reason to doubt the response. Also, have a password for what? Should I just walk around the Rome train station yelling &quot;James Bond&quot;? <BR><BR>The couple we're meeting are friends of ours.
Old Feb 23rd, 2003, 05:23 PM

Hehehe... trust me guys, there is a Mc Donalds at the Termini Station's upper level. <BR>As soon as you arrive at platform 26 (where the Leonardo Express arrives from the airport) you must walk quite a while along the platform (about 5-8 minutes, 10 if you have luggage) )in order to arrive at the beginning of the Station gallery. Just follow the flow of the people, you wont be mistaken. Once you arrive at the beginning of the station gallery the Mc Donalds will be on the RIGHT! There is also another Mc Donalds outside the Station but this one I am talking about is inside the gallery.