Meeting someone at CDG for the TGV

Old May 17th, 2007, 01:05 PM
Original Poster

Meeting someone at CDG for the TGV

Can anyone recommend a good place to meet a friend at CDG? We are coming from different cities and meeting up to take the TGV at the airport. I was wondering if anyone here may know a good place. Thanks
Old May 17th, 2007, 01:14 PM

How about outside the exit for the gate the latter arrives? That should work, unless you are arriving close in time to each other. A lot would depend upon which terminal(s) you would be coming from. There are maps of CDG online that give you an overview of the terminals and the train station, I'd find someplace in the middle and go from there.
Old May 17th, 2007, 01:45 PM
Original Poster

Thank you.

Sometimes the easiest ideas get overlooked. I do arrive about an hour earlier and should have enough time to meet my friend at her arrival gate.
Old May 17th, 2007, 02:16 PM

Tobis, just a cautionary note about meeting someone at their gate. If you are arriving at CDG from abroad and have to go through passport control, you'll find yourself herded along a corridor until you reach the passport kiosks. I think it would be highly unlikely that you could wander over from, say, gate 52 to date 54, wait, and then go through passport control.

A better approach might be to determine whether you are both arriving in the same terminal. If you are both arriving in 2A, for example, you could tell your friend that you will wait for her immediately outside the customs hall (that public area where meeters and greeters typically stand). Alternatively, since you are both headed for the TGV, you could agree to meet under that huge illuminated sign in the waiting area of the station (the one that shows the arrival and departure information for trains). Hard to miss.

Being a bit of a pessimist (or, perhaps, a realist), I'd also have an understanding of what I'd do if one or the other of us were delayed.

Bonne chance.

Anselm
Old May 17th, 2007, 02:17 PM

Date 54? That was supposed to be gate 54 ...

AA
Old May 17th, 2007, 02:30 PM

The CDG TGV station isn't that large. If you meet there, you won't have any trouble spotting each other. Meet just outside the SNCF ticket office if you want to be REAL sure. You could also meet at the information kiosk there.

Stu Dudley
Old May 17th, 2007, 02:34 PM

Meet at the TGV station. Or the Sheraton upstairs.
Old May 17th, 2007, 03:28 PM

You could also meet at Paul's, a nice patisserie, where you could have your first coffee and sweet in Paris. It's located on the upper level, right above the TGV station. I'd agree not to meet at gate, since you can't predict if you will be able to get to it.
Old May 17th, 2007, 03:48 PM

We are thinking of meeting friends at the restaurant in the Sheraton. They arrive an hour+ before we do. Anyone know if they serve breakfast?
Old May 17th, 2007, 04:14 PM

I agree with the Sheraton. It is extremely convenient and has all the facilities you would need in case of delay.

Old May 18th, 2007, 12:26 AM

The TGV station is indeed compact and it would be impossible to miss anybody waiting there.
Old May 18th, 2007, 08:00 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to all of you for your many thoughtful responses. I agree that meeting at TGV and/or Sheraton makes the most sense.

Heading out next Friday...can't wait!
Old May 18th, 2007, 08:16 AM

Hello Tobis! I second (or third) StuDudley's advice of meeting at the station itself. We (4 of us) traveled from DFW - CDG and caught the TGV to Provence a couple of weeks ago. It was a madhouse in every part of the CDG, including where we arrived and traversing to the TGV station. Once we got to the Gare, it was much more peaceful with plenty of space. I'd even take it a step further and meet at the departure track of the train station. Have a great trip! (I know we did.)
Old May 18th, 2007, 08:21 AM
Original Poster

<I'd even take it a step further and meet at the departure track of the train station. Have a great trip! (I know we did.)>

Another great idea, thanks!