May/June Weather Hebrides

Mar 26th, 2007, 06:52 PM
Original Poster

May/June Weather Hebrides

Hello all I have heard the weather can change from one moment to the next in the Hebrides. I will be there for all most three weeks traveling from Edinbugh to Oban, Mull, Fort Wm., over to Skye and then back over to Aberdeen and back down to Edinburgh, with lots in between. I know I need to plan for rain or shine but is there any Typical weather for this time of year?? And actually HOW warm does it get? I would appreciate any information please. Thank you!
Mar 26th, 2007, 07:05 PM

Sorry - but you really do have to plan for anything except maybe snow. Hot, warm, cool, cold, fair, rainy, windy - you name it.
Mar 26th, 2007, 07:07 PM

meant to add - different June visits to Edinburgh I've had so warm I needed to buy shorts, and so cold I needed to buy gloves.
Mar 27th, 2007, 01:30 AM

I would expect it to be sunny and dry with temperatures beween 16 at worst and 22 at best.

But you do have to plan for the alternatives.
Mar 28th, 2007, 09:42 AM

I am so jealous. I went to Canna once off of Mull in May. It was so warm we went swimming. OK we rolled up our pants legs and waded until our toes got numb. But it actually warm enough to be comfortable in a short sleeve shirt. On the other hand, later that same May it snowed in Edinburgh. (It didn't stick.) but yes it snowed.

Be prepared for anything. Carry a pair of wool socks and weatherproof coat and hat. Enjoy.
Apr 1st, 2007, 09:12 AM
Original Poster

That sums it up!
I am taking a little of everything. Mostly things I can layer and will suite any type of weather.

I leave in six weeks and can't wait!
I will make sure I write a summary of our trip. You all have been such a great help - THANK YOU!!
Apr 1st, 2007, 10:23 AM

Raincoat or jacket - with a hood is especially good. Sturdy umbrella and 2 pair of waterproof walking shoes. Stick in a cap and mittens to play it safe.

(We were in Edinburgh once in July and it was in the 40's, windy and raining. It had been over 80 when we left London 4 days before.)