Mas des Romarins room help

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22nd, 2007, 12:12 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've decided to go with Mas des Romarins for a two night stay in Gordes in July. Before I book the room, I would like any advice from those of you who've stayed there. I really wanted the Junior Suite b/c it has a terrace AND the best view, but of course it is booked. My next choices are: "Deluxe" room with a vally/mtn/village view and no terrace, or the "Superior" room with a terrace and a "view on Gordes". The Latter is cheaper for some reason and I'm wondering why. I really want the terrace, but want to make sure the "village view" is picturesque... Hate to sound so picky!! I'd like to book in the next day or two... advice??
Old Jan 22nd, 2007, 03:49 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
topping for Abigail
Old Jan 22nd, 2007, 05:55 PM

abigailm,we stayed at the Mas des Romarins last September. It is a delightful hotel, you will love it. The staff/owners were friendly and helpful with everything.. booking restaurants for evening meals .As well they have gourmet meals at the Mas several times a week. We had a deluxe room with view of the village. It was on the second floor,1 flight from the lobby. I believe it was the "Menerbes". the view from our window was lovely looking right at the village, overlooking the terrace.As well everyone has use of the public terrace and you can take your drinks or breakfast outside and enjoy the spectacular view. It is an easy walk into Gordes from the hotel. We woke every morning to the smell of croissants being baked for breakfast and the most delightful coffee being brewed. The room was large with a queen bed. There are steps down into the room and steps up into the bathroom which gave us no trouble. Make sure you have a meal at the Clos de Gustave in Gordes as well ...superb. They reply to e-mail quite quickly and I'm sure they will tell you about the rooms. Hope this helps
Old Jan 23rd, 2007, 04:42 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your insight! Sounds like I can't go wrong with this hotel, whichever room I choose.
Old Jan 23rd, 2007, 08:42 AM

We spent 2 nights there in May 2005. Don't worry about the view from your room if it's going to be warm enough to be out on the terrace. There is a grassy courtyard with Mediteranean plantings and as above poster mentioned the view terrace is shared. Weather permitting they serve breakfast out there. The lilacs were in bloom just below the stone wall. The view was one of the most stellar I've ever seen and I have the Alaska Chugach Range about 1 mile from my dining room window.

I would ask for one of the 'newer' rooms, as I felt my room was older and quite small. However, we spent almost no time in it.

The restaurant they recommend is excellent, as is the food they serve at the hotel. For some reason they put down the Ferme de la Huppe which other posters like here. So, who knows.

They are also located right on the road as you head to Abbey de Senanque.