COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Marriott County Hall

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 02:28 PM
MATT

Marriott County Hall

Has anyone stayed at the London Marriott County Hall? I'm considering this property in late November as I can get a very good rate and an upgraded room with my Marriott Rewards status? How is the location? Thank you for any information.

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 03:31 PM
janis

Do a search - this hotel has been recommended and discussed 3 or 4 times a week on this forum ever since it (the hotel) opened. The County Hall Marriott is one of the best located hotels in all of London - right on the river across from Big Ben and next to the London Eye.

If you search you will find many posts about it.

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 03:34 PM
Ada

I was just there in July. If you can get the river view room, you can wake up to Big Ben and London Eye in your window- a very London postcard view! The room, food & service are all great. I like the location- you can just walk across Westminster Bridge to Westminster tube station; Waterloo is also quite near, about 5 min walk. You are also close to other bridges and riverbank, great if you feel like walking around. It's really not far from anywhere you need to go since the location is quite central.

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 03:49 PM
Robbyn

It's absolutely wonderful. We stayed there in March for 3 nights. The location couldn't be better. We could hear Big Ben chiming and see the pods from the London Eye right out our window. I even waved to one of the passengers.

It's a beautiful hotel, everyone was very nice and breckfast in the concierges lounge was delicious.

You really should stay there!!

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 04:32 PM
MATT

Thanks so much for the responses. I'm thinking $187 or 120 pounds a night is a great deal....am I correct? Just curious before I book. Thanks again!

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 06:16 PM
GJ

I've used all of my Marriott Rewards points for the past few years on a few stays at this hotel. We're going again in November. It's outstanding. The rooms are large by European standards and the location is ideal. Big Ben is the first and last thing we see each day and the Tube is just accross Westminster Bridge. Go for it. You won't be sorry.

Old Aug 4th, 2002, 12:43 AM
ukexpat

My husband has stayed there alot for work, and that rate is a steal. Snap it up quick before it is is gone. It is usually over 200 pounds a night.

Old Aug 4th, 2002, 05:11 AM
francesca

When we stayed there 2 years ago the rate was under 100 pounds per night. The location and price were both great but the hotel had all the charm of a college dorm. I certainly would recommend it for a short stay in London, esp. with kids. Not for a romantic weekend.

Old Aug 4th, 2002, 05:26 AM
ddd

Francesca,

I think you might be referring to the Travel Inn Country Hall which is at the other end of the building (nearer to the London Eye). The Marriott is a more upscale place at the end of Country Hall closest to Westminster Bridge.

Old Aug 4th, 2002, 11:10 AM
Kyle

I stayed at the Travel Inn on the other side of the building and the location is great. Big Ben is right across the river and you are right next to the London Eye.