Reload this Page >

Marriott Copenhagen - fabulous!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9th, 2002, 11:08 AM
Claire

I just returned yesterday from Copenhagen and wanted future travelers to know how wonderful the Marriott Copenhagen is. The staff could not have been nicer, and the room was fabulous. My room had 2 queen size beds with down comforters, 3 pillows, and the amenities were great. We had a view overlooking the water. I would highly recommend it!

Old Jul 9th, 2002, 03:38 PM
Doug

Claire - if you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost?

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 03:56 PM
Timspatola

Thanks for the info on the Marriott. I have made a reservation for Nov 6 and got a rate of $135/night. This rate required payment at the time of booking. It is a new hotel and seemed great. I am glad you found it so.

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 04:27 AM
bobbie

You know a lot of people avoid Marriotts when in Europe, but I have found that it is possible to get some really good rates. Marriotts are generally very nice hotels and offer good rooms and facilities. The best rate we got was at the Munich Marriott for under $80 (US) per night. Beats paying that much for some flea bag. I like Marriotts. That said, don't expect to get those kind of rates at all of them, for example the Paris Marriott.

Old Jul 13th, 2002, 07:59 PM
Eric

I'm going to be staying at the Copenhagem Marriott on points in Aug. Based on maps I've seen, it seems close to the main train station (Kobenhavn H) but wanted to know best way to get to the Marriott from the airport. Is the hotel reasonably close to that station?

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 09:13 AM
Greg

I agree with Claire. I spent 5 nights at the Marriott earlier this month, and was very happy with the service, amenities, and location. I stayed on one of the two executive floors and was able to use the lounge, which provided a continental breakfast, snacks throughout the day, and a heartier snack around 6:30 p.m. The lounge also had a computer with free internet access available for use. <BR><BR>For Eric: The Marriott is about 5 long blocks from the train station, probably too far a distance to walk if you have much luggage. I took the train from CPH to Copenhagen station, then a cab, for a total cost of about 65 kroner. On departing, I took a cab from the Marriott to CPH for a total cost of about 165 kroner. The cab was quite a bit faster (the train goes every 20 minutes and makes 3 stops between CPH and Kobenhavn H, taking about 20 minutes), but I wasn't traveling during rush hour.

Old Nov 16th, 2002, 07:43 PM
Patty

Claire, I was so glad to read your e-mail on the Marriott Hotel. I spent hours on line reading recommendations of hotels in Copenhagen, but when I checked out the hotels they were sold out, with one exception, the Radisson SAS Royal, unfortunately we would have to change rooms twice in three days. After reading your message on the Marriott, I checked it out on line. I did find the room mentioned by someone else for $135.00 but the full amount had to be paid up front and no refund or freebes. The room I found for the two of us in December has a king bed, many amenities, free coffee in lobby, free full breakfast, and tickets to Tivoli for $172.00 including tax. Now we need to decide which direction we want to face, water or city, they both sound great. My husband prefers the water, while I think the city with Tivoli close by would be beautiful too. Any suggestions.<BR>Thank-you Eric for your information on getting from the airport to the hotel. The logical seemed to take the train from the airport to the train station and taxi to the Hotel, but now you have confirmed that is an option.<BR>By the way, how do we handle tipping over there?<BR>PS: Do you know if it is dark and cloudy in first part of December? With the hard time I had finding a hotel, I can't believe the weather is that bad. Thanks again for the info, I'm really looking forward to the Marriott. Nostalgia kind of takes a back seat to hotels offering so many amenities.Patty

Old Nov 16th, 2002, 09:37 PM
Lisa

Patty,<BR><BR>You can find out the sunrise and sunset times for December in Copenhagen on this web page:<BR>http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/astronomy.html?n=69&amp;obj=sun&amp;month=12&amp;y ear=2002&amp;day=1<BR><BR>In general, the winter months are dark. Even at mid-day it is not really bright sunlight. However, the shops and restaurants are so cozy that you will feel comforted! <BR><BR>I'd opt for the water view as that is such a vital part of the city. The color of the water that time of year is like looking at steel---very beautiful. <BR><BR>Have fun!<BR><BR>Lisa

Old Nov 17th, 2002, 07:40 PM
Patty

Thanks Lisa for the web site info on the weather and hotel view. My husband and I both agreed the water view is the way to go. Patty

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 02:04 PM
Snoopy

City!

Old Dec 3rd, 2002, 05:21 PM
Margaret

I returned from Copenhagen on 11/15/02. The Marriott was one of the best that I have stayed in. All the help is wonderful. The restaurant was reasonable with great food and the bell staff and bar staff excellent. I cannot stress how great it was. It is located about five blocks from the main train station. We loved it.

Old Apr 20th, 2003, 08:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I feel so much better reading these messages! I got a great deal on a room at the Marriott Copenhagen for 3 nights in May, but have been a little reticent about it because a)I generally don't stay at Marriotts in Europe and b)I could find very little information about the hotel on the web. I'm much more enthusiastic about my stay now; thanks to all who wrote to recommend it!
Old May 8th, 2003, 08:18 AM

does anyone have an email address for this hotel? i'm trying online to book a room with double queen beds but not having any luck..

supercat- if you don't mind my asking, since i am going there late may how much are they charging you?
Old May 8th, 2003, 11:00 AM
Bootman4U

I am not sure of the e-mail but if you call 1800Marriott I think they can give it to you. We stayed there last August and I agree with all of the above except that I wasn't all that impressed with their Sunday buffet fare..otherwise a great and convenient (5 blocks to Tivoli/main rail station) place.
In terms of the water view be aware that the &quot;water&quot; in this case is a wide canal type of affair..and I do mean WIDE...but it is NOT any sort of ocean or bay view.

Old May 9th, 2003, 07:41 PM

mikeytoo - I placed a bid on Priceline for a 4 star hotel in Copenhagen and ended up with the Marriott at $90 a night. We will be there May 14-17.
Old May 10th, 2003, 04:23 PM

wow! that's very good!..and your stays are on weekdays too...i'm green with envy...

the only annoying aspect is that they don't have an email for correspondence; otherwise, the rave comments from fodorites here are swing votes for staying here...

Old May 11th, 2003, 09:03 AM

I stayed at the Copenhagen Marriott for a few days at the end of January and thought it was excellent. I was attending a meeting and there and all the other women attending with me agreed they wanted to steal the absolutely gorgeous duvets (none of us did, of course). Very good service, too.