Marbella ...best day trips

Old Jan 30th, 2007, 01:01 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Marbella ...best day trips

We are on a world tour and have family coming to visit us in Spain and they will be staying in Marbella. This is the first visit for my 80 year old Father in law who is fairly fit and would like to experience Spain.

We are looking for good day trip ideas ( Seville is a must and probably Cortoba). We are in a white village so will show them that and Granada when they come stay with us.

Any ideas for great day trips?
Old Jan 30th, 2007, 01:53 PM

Puerto Banus is very near, and a must see. We had a delicious Thai lunch at a delightful restaurant near El Corte Englais.

Ronda is fascinating, and the drive between Marbella and Ronda is very scenic.

If you go on from Ronda to Seville, Arcos is worth a stop.

Warning: Gibraltar was a BIG disappointment. Don't drag your father-in-law there unless he insists.

Old Jan 30th, 2007, 04:04 PM

Nerja and the caves there are great as is the nearby white village of Frigiliana. I loved the white village of Vejer de la Frontera. BTW, I think Granada is a doable daytrip, but Seville is too far for a daytrip, but you probably already know this.
Old Jan 30th, 2007, 04:19 PM

To really see much in Seville you need to stay over - too far for a day trip IMHO. Also - I would stay over in Cordoba and Granada - since they all have very different feels at night - when busloads of tourists have been hauled off to their respective hotels and you can enjoy a lingering dinner and walk - and the cities regain more of their historic feel.

Also agree that Gibralter isn;t worth the trouble.
Old Jan 31st, 2007, 05:06 AM
Original Poster

Thanks all , thats a big help!

They have a place and we have a place ,so we do not want to do too many over nights,but we will look into it at Seville. I was thinking about that as we would like to see the Flamenco dancers there.

( We will be back to these places during Holy Week without our family and will have more time for over nights as we will be back in our small motorhome).

I thought Seville was about 2 1/2 hours drive from Marbella , am I wrong?

I am looking into places to stay over night in Seville. Any suggestions?

Our home for the winter is less than an hour from Granada so that will be easier done from this part of Andalucia and we have a friend who has lived here for 18 years who can give us a private tour.

Great ideas, thanks!!