Andalucia in May

Search

Andalucia in May

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1st, 2012, 06:11 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Andalucia in May

I will be traveling to Spain (andalucia region) last week of May . I am planning on visiting, Seville, Cordoba and Granada. I will be starting out in Morocco.

I am thinking of staying in one of the above cities then travel from there to the other two for day trips. Which of the cities would it be best to stay at?
what would be the best way to get to one of these cities from Tangier? would it be best to go from Tangier to Tarifa or Algericas?

THANK YOU
Old Apr 1st, 2012, 06:24 PM

Seville and Granada are too far apart to use one as a base and day trip to the other. Cordoba is close enough to Seville to do a day trip from Seville to Cordoba. You will need a couple of nights in Granada, and three or four in Seville if you want to day trip to Cordoba from Seville.
Old Apr 1st, 2012, 10:42 PM

I suspect you do not recognise the size of the region.

As intimated, Seville to Granada is three hours each way, whatever your transport, before you get to the door of any 'site' - not my idea of a day trip. Cordoba to Granada similar.

Algeciras has both a bus and train station which will give you access to the cities on your wish list, after some hours travel.
Old Apr 2nd, 2012, 04:36 AM

If you plan to be in Andalucia for a week or so, spend 2 nights in Granada then move to Seville and day trip to Cordoba from there. In addition to Cordoba, you might visit Ronda or another village.
Old Apr 2nd, 2012, 05:53 AM

Córdoba celebrates the annual Feria/Spring fair from May 19th to 27th. A great opportunity to excperience the local culture and join a fabulous 24/7 party. The celebrations dates back to the 13th century. http://www.andalucia.com/festival/co...pring-fair.htm

The Córdoba Spring fair is similar to the world famous Feria de Abril (April Fair) in Sevilla, but it's smaller and more local feel and most of the casetas (huge tents where all the dancing, eating and drinking takes place) are open to the public. Lots of cultural events around the city all week.

If you are in the region the last week of May, I would go directly to Córdoba and spend at least some 2-3 days/nights of the Feria there. Sevilla is only 50 mins away by the high speed AVE train.
Old Apr 2nd, 2012, 06:27 AM
Original Poster

This is very helpful. Thank you all very much for your input. Staying in Cordoba during the fair sounds great!
Will keep you posted!
Thanks again.