Search

Maplensa Express vs. Malpensa Shuttle

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24th, 2008, 10:25 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maplensa Express vs. Malpensa Shuttle

Hi everyone

My sister and I will be spending the first night of our vacation in Milan before going on to Bellagio the next day.

We are staying at Hotel Spadari near the Duomo. Would taking the Malpensa Express from the airport be better than the Shuttle bus? It looks like Cadorna station is closer to our hotel. We will have luggage, knowing us, probably a suitcase plus a carry-on each.

Any thoughts?

Johanna
Old Mar 24th, 2008, 11:12 AM

Hi Johanna,

My second trip started by flying into Malpensa and taking the Express to Cadorna. From there we took a taxi to our hotel, also near the duomo.

It was super quick and easy.

I think if you needed to catch another train out of Centrale, which you don't, the shuttle bus would make more sense.

Remember, the bus has to sit in traffic and the train doesn't, so arrival time could be a factor.

Buon viaggio!
Old Mar 24th, 2008, 12:02 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
For your plans, the train makes more sense. Very easy and frequent service at :23 and :53 past the hour, 40 minutes duration. A bit more comfortable (IMO) than the bus and, as Dayle mentioned, not impacted by traffic.

www.lenord.it
Old Mar 24th, 2008, 12:08 PM

And the taxis at Cordona are right opposite the train arrival platform, or were the last time i took it

Centrale is a huge station where it could be a hike to get to the taxi ranks though i suspose the Airport bus must let you down near them i would think
Old Mar 24th, 2008, 12:44 PM

Depending on how you plan to arrive at Bellagio, you might need to go to Centrale the following day...just FYI
Old Mar 24th, 2008, 01:47 PM

Yes, Pal, Malpensa Buses stop is right next to the station taxi stand When I was there , there was a argument between a taxi driver and a bus driver because the bus caught a bit of the taxis place
Old Mar 24th, 2008, 03:13 PM
JBX

I've taken both the train and the shuttle bus from MXP Airport into Milan's city center. And if the train is more convenient to where I need to be, then that's my preference. As a previous poster stated, the bus may take longer than 50 minutes should traffic be heavy.

Also, when I looked on your hotel's website, it seems to make more sense to opt for the train. They advise the train is only 1 metro stop (Cadorna to Duomo) OR a 10-minute taxi ride away.

http://www.spadarihotel.com/english/frames.htm
Old Mar 25th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies, guys. Looks like we'll opt for the Mapensa Express train.

Johanna