Search

Milan airport to train station

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25th, 2003, 07:11 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Milan airport to train station

Hi all,

We'll be arriving in Milan (Malpensa) next Thursday at noon. What are our chances of claiming our luggage, catching the shuttle bus, and getting to the Milan train station in time to catch the 2:10 to the Cinque Terre (as opposed to waiting for the 3:10 train)?

Thanks for any input!

Gina
Old Sep 25th, 2003, 08:56 AM

The bus ride is 40/50 minutes (with no traffic) so it is possible but I will plan on the later train.
From the airport there is also a train service but it does not go to the "Central station".
You can look up the two following pages with complete details of train and bus services from Malpensa:
http://www.alitalia.co.jp/en/page/mi...alpensa_03.htm

http://www.minambiente.it/cop9/airpo..._malpensa.html
Old Sep 25th, 2003, 09:36 AM

Yes the Malpensa Express doesn't go to the central train station, but to another one a few miles away. Where it does terminate there are taxis waiting, or you can walk a few blocks and hop the metro,inconvenient maybe with lots of bags. Investiage buses from Malpensa to central station.
Old Sep 25th, 2003, 10:28 AM
Original Poster

I already have the shuttle bus schedule (leaves every 20 minutes), and am hoping that since we already have our Euros (thanks to a friend who picked them up while in the Netherlands last week - and got us better rates than we'd get today!), maybe we could get through customs quickly, grab our luggage and get an early enough bus to have us at the train station before 2:00. I'd rather have that extra hour in the CT than at the Milan station.
Old Sep 25th, 2003, 10:38 AM

I think you have a shot. Only problem is the luggage system at Malpensa is notoriously slow - we have always waited at least a half hour at the carousel. Once you have your luggage just head straight out and grab whatever shuttle is leaving next. You can buy the tickets as you board the bus. Don't buy them in the airport as that will lock you in to either the Express or the Shuttle and you need to have the flexibility of taking whichever one is leaving first.