Looking for Best B & B's & sights in West

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24th, 2003, 07:30 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our first trip~~We will be in Ireland 10/5 for a 10 day bus tour from Shannon Airport thru the southern to eastern route to end in Galway and rent a car for four days on our oun. We want to go townard Connemara and stay near Clifden, then continue toward Crough Patrick, Knock and Westport. Not sure how much time to allow and how long to stay in one place..we have to be back in Shannon Airport on the fifth day for a 1PM flight. Should stay near there on night #4. We will appreciate any ideas from so many of you who have experienced the beauty so recently. Thanks, Nan
Old Sep 25th, 2003, 02:32 AM
rex

When you mistakenly omit something from your post, it makes the most sense to add it as a reply to yourself, like this:

Author: nansea
Date: 09/24/2003, 11:47 pm

Message: Previous message I forgot to mention ~~We have vouchers from CIE tours for B & B's and Hertz car. How far is Galway Airport from Galway Hotel for car pickup, if anyone knows?

===================

Best wishes,

Rex
Old Sep 25th, 2003, 04:10 AM

You left out Cong (where The Quiet Man was filmed). It's along your way on the south end of County Mayo. If you visit the places in the order you list you'll be cris-crossing Mayo. Maybe you should work on that. Knock Shrine is on the eastern edge of Mayo. You can get from there to Galway in a couple of hours.

I have no idea where Galway airport is (for pickup and drop off of your rental car).

Yes, it is advisable to stay your last night fairly close to Shannon airport. I usually stay in either Limerick City or Ennis. Both have good BusEireann service to Shannon airport and you want to be there by about 10:30 for a 1:00 PM departure. A lot of the people on this forum recommend Bunratty. I prefer staying in a City.

You've already bought your B&B vouchers so I'll reserve my comments on them.
Old Sep 25th, 2003, 06:40 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for your help. Can you recommend any B & B's between Clifden &
Westport? Has anyone stayed at either Sea Breeze in Renvyle or Cornerstones in Moyard? In addition, we need idea for a B & B for last night near Shannon Airport?
We will return car to Shannon Airport but pick up at Galway Airport? (We will be staying at Bunratty our first night of bus tour)Anyone know how far it is from Galway Bay Hotel to Galway Airport for car pick up.

Old Sep 25th, 2003, 10:30 AM

Galway airport is about 10 Minutes drive west of where you are staying
Old Sep 25th, 2003, 10:47 AM

I meant to say 15 minutes driving east of Galway in Oranmore