Search

Malaga humidity

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15th, 2023, 01:48 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Malaga humidity

Reading about Malaga online, it says that the average humidity for November is 77%! Yikes! Really? Not sure I could handle that. What's your experience been?
Old Aug 15th, 2023, 03:00 PM

That's not that unusual for a town right on the water, lots of beach towns are like that.

According to this, the humidity doesn't vary that much over the year. I know I was there sometime in the Fall so probalby not too different from that and it didn't bother me.

https://weather-and-climate.com/aver...c,Malaga,Spain

Here's Barcelona, doesnt look too different.

https://weather-and-climate.com/aver...arcelona,Spain

Now I've been there in July and it really was unpleasant (hot anyway), but I've been there in October also and it was prefectly fine to me. So I think a lot of it is the temperature in addition to humidity, of course.
Old Aug 15th, 2023, 04:41 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by thefrenchtart
Reading about Malaga online, it says that the average humidity for November is 77%! Yikes! Really? Not sure I could handle that. What's your experience been?
That is pretty typical humidity in a LOT of places at that tiem of year. It isn't anything like in summer being say 90°F and 77% humidity. Temperature makes a HUGE difference . . .

I have no idea where you are from but some other examples of November humidity:

Sacramento CA - 80%
London UK - 80%
Toronto Ont - 76%
Rome IT - 70%
Miami FL - 64%
NYC - 63%

As you can see - Malaga is in the ballpark of just about everywhere else in Europe/North America.
Old Aug 15th, 2023, 04:51 PM

I spent 6 nights in seaside Málaga this past March and didn't notice the humidity at all. I thought I had lucked into beautiful weather. Málaga boasts at least 320 sunny days a year. It´s a great place to spend time in the winter.

Last edited by Maribel; Aug 15th, 2023 at 05:04 PM.
Old Aug 16th, 2023, 07:11 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Malaga weather is lovely, right on the coast, no stickiness at all.
Old Aug 16th, 2023, 07:20 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Stickiness isn't an issue that time of year. In cold/cool weather, high humidity levels will make you feel colder - not hotter/sticky
Old Aug 16th, 2023, 11:18 AM

November is, in theory, one of the wettest months in Malaga so that humidity seems fair enough. Still temps of around 20C so it shouldn't feel cold unless you get drenched.
How cold it is there depends on when in the month you are there, and of course on climate change.
The current temperature and humidity where I live is about the same as Malaga in November, and it is not humid at all, very comfortable.
Old Aug 17th, 2023, 12:11 PM

We spent a few days in Malaga in November 2019, weather was great, cool in mornings and evenings of course, very pleasant during the day. I don't remember thinking it was damp (and I would remember!)
https://slowtravelitalyspain.blogspo...ip-report.html