Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Madrid Hotels: Urban Hotel or Villa Real?

Madrid Hotels: Urban Hotel or Villa Real?

Apr 18th, 2005, 11:18 PM
mesia

Madrid Hotels: Urban Hotel or Villa Real?

I feel a little silly to be asking about which of the two hotels to stay at in Madrid. I've read good reviews on both the Urban Hotel and Villa Real. Are there any differences, other than the fact that Urban is new? Thanks for you comments.

Apr 19th, 2005, 01:47 AM

Hi Mesia,
A month ago, I stayed 3 nights at Urban. it was fabulous! the room was beautiful, the staff helpful, at the bar is THE place to be - and the location can't be beat - you are able to walk to almost everything you want to see.
hope this helps! have a nice trip, Madrid is wonderful!
Apr 19th, 2005, 03:19 AM

Mesia,

As you might know , the 2 hotels are almost in front of each other so location is similar( which as Katrine says, it's great) .

I've only stayed at the Villa Real which I really like. As a matter of fact I'm going back this summer. The Urban looks a tad more modern to me but you could probably tell that from their website.

Are you only going to Madrid?
Apr 19th, 2005, 05:41 AM

Hi Mesia,

I have only been to the Urban Glass Bar for a few drinks.

Itīs a great place, and I suppose the hotel should also be well worth. As you will know already, both hotels belong to the spanish chain Derby, and I donīt think that you can go wrong with any of their places.

Rgds, Cova
Apr 19th, 2005, 10:20 PM
mesia

hi cruiseluv,

i'll be staying in madrid for a few days, but thinking of taking a day trip.

i found a good deal on villa real at tablethotels.com.

Apr 19th, 2005, 10:33 PM
mesia

hi cruiseluv,

i'll be staying in madrid for a few days, but thinking of taking a day trip. perhaps to seville.

i was leaning towards urban hotel, since it looks like it has free wireless internet in the rooms. though
i just found a better deal on villa real at tablethotels.com. i'll just save myself 20 euros, so that i can eat and drink more!

Apr 20th, 2005, 06:26 AM

I have no idea what the rooms at the Urban are like, but we sure loved our standard room at Villa Real, which was almost like a little suite. It had a step-down living area with a full sized leather sofa. It was so nice for relaxing after a long day of walking.
Apr 20th, 2005, 06:11 PM

I was at the Villa Real two years ago and found it very comfortable and modern. The couch did indeed come in handy to rest tired legs. You cannot beat the location. A strong vote in favor.

Search this Thread