Madrid Barajas transfer T1 to T4

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4th, 2007, 06:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just did this effortless transfer and wanted to list some info for whomever might need it.

The free shuttle leaves from Departures at T1 ( less traffic up there than downstairs at arrivals).
The busses are every 5 minutes.
It made one quick stop at T2.
Then went directly to T4.

This took about 8-10 minutes max. at noon on a sunday.

Once inside T4 there are many auto check-in towers, as well as plenty of manned counters.

You need to check your flight on the monitor board to see which counters you are supposed to check into.

The gorgeous new terminal was easy to navigate, and has plenty of shopping, incluing Zara and Carolina Herrera and a new souvenir shop called "thinking España".

I also was impressed with a cappuchino at Segafreddo for only 1.55, which for an airport, i thought, was a very fair price.
Sandwiches were around 6 euros though.. but anyway. Lots of food options ther, including Mc donalds and Rodilla.
There is a nice childrenīs play area also.

my air nostrum flight to valencia actually served us a couple trays of FANCY h'órdeuvres, and a variety of drinks. A nice change (and surprise) from all the new low cost attitude of ALL the airlines i have flown lately!

Their propeller planes take 10 minutes longer to get to valencia, but you are treated like a human being with needs.

Old Mar 4th, 2007, 06:54 AM

Thanks for posting the info. I'm flying into Barajas next week for the first time. As far as I know my flights are all in T4 but this is nice to know just in case. Unfortunately I'm on Iberia which probably won't be as nice as your flight - but if it gets me there that's all I need. Nice to hear about the airport though as we have 2 and a half hours between when our flight from NY lands and our second flight to Seville departs.
Old Mar 4th, 2007, 07:04 AM

Thanks for the info, lincasanova. I'll be making that same transfer in a couple of months. There is no disruption to T4 due to the recent ETA activity?
Old Mar 4th, 2007, 07:12 AM
Original Poster

no disruption. when the bus arrives at T4 you can see at the end on the left a BIT of the destroyed car park from where you are if you know what you are looking for (the grassy roof is all blown up). makes me ill.

donīt get me started on this line of thought.

hope this helps anyone worried about transfer times although i imagine traffic could make it vary a bit, but probably not too horribly much. the airport was pretty dead at this time, too.
Old Mar 4th, 2007, 07:54 AM

Maybe you can answer this - what is the difference between Terminal 4 and Terminal 4S. Just noticed on my ticket that one of my flights is terminal 4 and the other terminal 4S.
Old Mar 4th, 2007, 07:56 AM

The S letter stands for Satellite 4S is a satellite station, there's a train to take people there.
Old Mar 4th, 2007, 07:58 AM

Here is a terminal map / info web site for Madrid Barajas.

http://www.madrid-mad.com/terminals.html
Old Mar 4th, 2007, 08:35 AM

Lin,

Do you know if there is an elevator to go from Arrivals area to Departure area on T1?

Thanks
Old Mar 4th, 2007, 09:11 AM
Original Poster

yes.. there is at least one.. as we took it.
it was not marked well, but is a granite "column" which houses the lift. it has stainless steel doors. fits ONE luggage trolley and two adults.

right near the cafeteria on arrivals level