Granada- Madrid- NY enough time?

May 10th, 2007, 06:30 PM
amo
Original Poster

Granada- Madrid- NY enough time?

Please give me some advice on my time frame. We are flying from Granada to Madrid, where we are flying back home. The flight from Spanair lives Granada at 11:50am arriving in Madrid 12:45pm. Do you think I will have enough time to catch the flight back home that lives Madrid at 15:35pm?
May 11th, 2007, 03:15 AM
ComfyShoes

Do you know which terminals you are arriving to and departing from?

May 11th, 2007, 03:18 AM

amo,

I have transferred from terminal 3 to terminal 1 in Barajas for my flight back home with 3 hrs connecting time. Less than that I wouldn't recommmend. I would say you are fine.
May 11th, 2007, 03:30 AM
car

It will be relevant if you mention the date as it is not the same to do this on a normal day than the 1st of august or any other big move day.

May 11th, 2007, 03:00 PM
amo
Original Poster

Thank you for all the replies. We will be leaving on a Sunday afternoon in September from Terminal 1 in Madrid. I am not sure which terminal, the flight from Spanair arrives at, as I have not purchase the tickets yet, because I am feeling uneasy about the time. I had look the spanair website and they talk about be very pontctual?
May 11th, 2007, 03:20 PM

Your Spanair flight will arrive on Terminal 2 or 3. I think you have adequate time for the connection, even if you have to transfer the lugagge yourself.
May 11th, 2007, 04:48 PM

how would a late arrival of the spanair flight affect your ticket status on next airline?

is this all on one ticket? or will you have to pay a fee to get re-booked should the spanair flight have a problem?

if it is not all on one ticket, i think it gives you no room for error or weather/technical problems.

i, personally, would not feel comfortable unless i knew i had the right to a seat when available on next flight out at no additonal fee.
May 11th, 2007, 06:53 PM
amo
Original Poster

I will not have the right to a seat on next flight out if I miss my plane, as it is a separate ticket.
I have look different airlines to see if I can get a earlier flight, but the only one I found is Spanair. But if anyone knows of another airline, please let me know?
May 12th, 2007, 12:55 AM

there are several iberia flights also.

i looked at www.rumbo.es for one ways from granada to mad.
good luck.

for me.. i cannot put myself through that kind of stress and possible economic distress.

if i didnīt find a good connecting flight with PLENTY of time ( due to the separate ticketing)i would go the night before and spend the morning in madrid.

at least an iberia flight will check the luggage through and you arrive at same terminal.
May 12th, 2007, 01:45 PM
amo
Original Poster

Lincasanova thank you for all your advice, I am like you I could not put myself through that kind of stress either. I went to the Rumbo and I found another flight that lives Granada 10:10am which will give me at least 5 hours between flights and I think this will be the best bet.

Another question, I would like to see a Flamenco show. Any suggestions?
May 12th, 2007, 02:06 PM

much much better!

i think there are recent posts here about flamenco in granada. there are a few places but i am not familiar with them.

if you canīt find them through a search, start a new thread.

have a nice trip.