Madrid airport questions

Search

Madrid airport questions

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5th, 2010, 09:12 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Madrid airport questions

My flights arrive/depart from T2. I will stay overnight for one night at a Madird airport hotel. The hotel I am considering has a specific route for their shuttle; the shuttle goes from the hotel - T4 - T2 - T1 - hotel. My question, ihow far is T4 from T2 by road and is traffic a problem when travelling around this area on Sunday morning?

Thanks.
Old Sep 5th, 2010, 09:38 AM

I was once told that the airport shuttle from terminal 1/2 could take as much as 20-30 mins to Terminal 4. I cannot confirm this as in the end I didn't do it. I don't think traffic will be a problem.
Old Sep 6th, 2010, 07:50 AM
Original Poster

ttt
Old Sep 6th, 2010, 08:35 AM

sunday morning should not be a problem. Just make sure you get on that shuttle. The Madrid airport hotels do NOT run their shuttles every ten minutes or so.. they are very frugal. More like every 30-60 minutes. ( At least from my short personal experience).

I have stayed at a few places at/ near the airport.

Hotel Clemente Barajas ( plenty of eateries nearby)

Hotel Auditorium ( HUGE but had great price, isolated..forced to eat there but food was very good surprisingly although not inexpensive). Ask for room near elevators or you will walk for ages.

Tryp Diana is worn but convenient.A few blocks away there was an internet place and a few outdoor cafés behind the hotel.

Sofitel and Novotel are very nice. (Careful as there are two Novotels, the one at parque juan carlos is the one you want. They share the Sofitel shuttle).
El Parque Juan Carlos is a nice area if you have time in the evening as there are shops and lots of sidewalk cafés, etc with dozens of food options.

I have always chosen these overnights for price/ shuttle more than memorable accommodations although Auditorium, clemente, sofitel are the best of these mentioned.
Old Sep 6th, 2010, 09:02 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the detailed reply. I have stayed in the Tyrp Diana and this was a few years ago and the hotel was in need of a renovation. I was looking at the Clement as there are eateries nearby. I have emailed the hotel to check on the frequency of shuttle, it's once an hour, which really isn't too convenient. Nevertheless, it sounds like this or the Novotel is the best choice as I really don't want to be confined to the hotel and would like to step out and go for a walk, grab a bite, etc.