Madrid Airport Hotels

Sep 1st, 2006, 09:16 AM
Original Poster

Madrid Airport Hotels

Need a hotel at the airport with shuttle service and public transportation to get to Madrid City Center. We will be there for only one night.
Sep 1st, 2006, 09:23 AM

I have stayed several times at Best Western Hotel Villa De Barajas. It is very small, but very clean and safe. They do have shuttle service to and from the airport and you can easily take the subway (1 block away) to Center City.
Sep 1st, 2006, 10:17 AM

i have stayed at several hotels in the area.
silken puerta madrid. metro nearby and shuttle. check times of operation.

hotel auditorium shuttle to airport, av. de america metro/bus depot and madrid itself.

both these hotels have been available for 60 euros on www.talonotel.com, a little more on www.gtahotels.com or check their own websites for specials.

very very nice 4 star places. no complaints at all.
not much directly around either of them..

the sofitel and novotel parque ferial juan carlos are both in great neighborhood. shopping and tons of cafes and restauarants.

try WOK if you get in that area. a nice asian chain operated by VIPS.(another all night type place with food,small shop and bookstore.)
Sep 2nd, 2006, 02:23 AM

We stayed at a Sol Melia Hotel near the airport last September. I'm sorry I can't remember the name but a search of Sol Melia Hotels will turn it up or another in that group. It was a four star and I felt it was outstanding value for about 80 Euros. There was an airport shuttle but it wasn't easy to find. We tried to take a taxi but they weren't interested presumably because it was too close. It was just outside the perimeter fence but about 10 mins in the bus.
We travelled back to the airport to get the underground into the city.
Sep 2nd, 2006, 07:32 AM

the airport shuttles at terminal sometimes can be hard to find. you will need to ask where the hotel buses stop. i believe it is usually in lane across from the taxi stands.. but not numerous stops.

also you need to know if your hotel requires that you CALL them for the shuttle to come. (get change at shop by buying some gum or something with small bill. put 50 cents or 1 euro in phone and dial out)
many are not circling all the time like at some large u.s. airports.

Sep 29th, 2006, 09:47 PM

Any other suggestions for a Madrid airport hotel? In late October we will be arriving 9 pm, and have a flight out at 11 am, so it will be a *very* short night. I've checked all four of the above with no luck; the only thing I found availalibility with so far is High Tech, but at 240 Euros, it seems a bit steep for what will probably be about 8 hours of crashing.
Sep 29th, 2006, 10:03 PM

Did you try the Tryp Diana? This is a Sol Melia hotel with a shuttle near the airport (but I think this one is 3*).
Sep 29th, 2006, 10:03 PM

The site is http://www.solmelia.com .
Sep 29th, 2006, 11:09 PM

there must be a trade fair then. it is only a 15 min taxi drive from madrid so if you dont find a good rate at airport area, try the city.

there are four hotels at solmelia.com that are at or near ariport.

tryp diana, tryp alameda, melia barajas, and avenida de americas is not at airort but but very near.

good luck.
Sep 30th, 2006, 07:43 AM

Try the new (6 months old) Clement Barajas. It has a very nice gourmet restaurant and stylish rooms.
www.clementhoteles.com
Oct 3rd, 2006, 07:31 PM

Yikes - of all of these additional ones, the only availability is at Tryp alameda, and Melia barajas, both of which are close to 200 Euros. Any other ideas, or at this point should I grab one of them? It just seems wrong that we'd be paying the most for the hotel we'll be at the least...
Many thanks! (and feeling better about having booked all our other hotels weeks ago - foolishly, I thought this would be the easy one.)
Oct 3rd, 2006, 08:06 PM

dcnative,
Have you checked the internet booking sites besides Expedia, Travelocity such as

www.utell.com
www.hotelclub.net
www.gtahotels.com
www.bookings.com
www.venere.com
www.placestostay.com
www.lastminute.com
www.laterooms.com
www.hotelguide.net
www.charming-spain-hotels.com
www.hotelsearch.com
www.hotelstravel.com

Or the coupon programs such as
www.bancotel.com
www.talonotel.com (in Spanish only)

Sorry for the long list, but I never leave a stone unturned when searching for the very best room rate! I can't ever remember not seeing a Barajas area hotel for a decent price on one of the above. Can't understand why there's nothing available for under 200.
Oct 3rd, 2006, 08:32 PM

Maribel,

Many thanks for the extensive list! I had checked most of these, but will go through the rest. Part of the problem is that I'm hoping to find one with a shuttle (otherwise it seems like we could spend our limited "sleep" time in trying to make metro connections, etc) and most websites don't seem to easily yield that info. Will report back on what I find.
Oct 3rd, 2006, 08:46 PM

Just stayed recently at the Sofitel near the airport for 85Euro prepayment on a Friday night. Shuttle to/from airport (I think 6 am to midnight, but they emailed me the details when I asked) and once a day shuttle to city center. Not sure how far to metro station to city center.
Oct 3rd, 2006, 08:46 PM

dcnative,
In addition to the Meliá Barajas, Auditoriu, Sofitel, High Tec, Tryp Diana, Novetel, Villa de Barajas, Puerta Madrid and Auditorium mentioned above....

check the NH Barajas Express. While they don't offer a free shuttle, a taxi from that location will cost under 10 euros (it's only 3 km.) and will only take a max. of 10 min., if that. I see a rate there of 76 euros at
www.nh-hoteles.com
Oct 3rd, 2006, 09:08 PM

Thanks, everyone!
So far the best prices (for 3) are the Sofitel Madrid Plaza de Espana at 146 (plus tax) or the Confortel Alcala Norte at 154 (HotelClub). I think all the specific hotels mentioned are booked, but will double check and finish going through Maribel's list of links. If I can't find a shuttle, am certainly willing to do short taxi; just don't think we'll be up to changing metro trains. (And is there really something special on 25 Oct??)
Oct 4th, 2006, 03:24 AM
car

I Think that with the cheap and good service underground and bus have between madrid center and the airport it is or could easily be more uncomfortable to stay in a cold and expensive hotel near the airport. Than taking a charming and cheaper one in town.
Madrid is just 12km away from the Barajas airport and taking into consideration the frecuency towards the city I will avoid staying around the airport.
Oct 4th, 2006, 06:27 AM

dcnative,
The Sofitel Madrid Plaza de España is located smack downtown, not near the airport.

The AC Avenida de Américas is only a 10 min.taxi ride from Barajas. And the stylish AC Aitana on Castellana Blvd. is only a 15 min. taxi ride away. Check rates for both at
www.ah-hoteles.com

Oct 5th, 2006, 01:04 AM

Thanks again for all the suggestions! We've ended up at the Auditoriu using one of the discount sites for ~ $120 for three.
Oct 5th, 2006, 06:41 AM

nice choice. i have stayed there a few ties and so have several friends upon my recs. no complaints. ( it can be a bit tricky to get on service road if you are driving. but it CAN be done)

great shuttles everywhere.

but breakfast/coffee is VERY pricey.

FYI the other website maribel meant was www.ac-hoteles.com for the AC hotels.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy -

FODOR'S VIDEO