Search

Lyon,,,sorry

Search this Thread

Old May 28th, 2002, 03:48 AM
arlene

Lyon,,,sorry

I was just writing a reply about Lyon, and my time expired. My reply was not lengthy so I don't understand what I did wrong. I hope I didn't cause the thread to be deleted because you all wrote wonderful information (which I am happy to say I copied onto a piece of paper...by hand...I am not so great with technology!!!<BR><BR>We are thinking of going to Lyon for 6 or 7 nights. Would a day trip to Annency be feasible? What about somewhere in the Alps? Is Dijon worthwhile? I know nothing about it.<BR>Thank you all. I better sign off before I do something wrong(lol)

Old May 28th, 2002, 03:53 AM
Jen

The "time expired" has nothing to do with Fodors -- that's between you and your internet service provider -- they usually cut people off if the web connection doesn't show any activity for a certain period of time.<BR><BR>You could learn to compose your replies in a word-processing program, so you have all the time you want. Then you can copy and paste your reply in just a few seconds while connected.

Old May 28th, 2002, 11:09 AM
Chris

6-7 nights in LYON sounds tooo long to me. 2-3 nights is more than enough. Annency is about a 2 hour drive from LYON and is absolutely beautiful.<BR><BR>I would spend 1-2 nights in Annency and<BR>less time in Lyon. Dijon is a major city worth one full day/night. If you like wine/vineyards, go to Beaune which is half hour via train before Dijon.<BR><BR>Good Luck.

Old May 29th, 2002, 02:26 AM
Chris

6-7 nights in Lyon isn't too long if you're taking day trips (2-3 days for Lyon, 1 day to Nimes, 1 day to Nice, 1 day to Dijon, etc).<BR><BR>Dijon was a day trip to me -- it's a major city, but the part you'll want to see is relatively small.

Old May 30th, 2002, 01:32 AM
falberto

You can get the train for a day trip to Annecy, Chamberry, Grenoble or Geneve....<BR>Annecy have a beautifull lake and you can get a excursion with or without lunch.