Lyon-Hotel La residence

May 14th, 2007, 09:26 AM
Original Poster

Lyon-Hotel La residence

Looking once again for advice from the knowledgable & informed fodorites.
I booked Hotel La residence in Lyon. The price is certainly right. My concerns are thus: since I will be there in July when it is good & hot,how well does their air conditioning system work-is it excellent? Also is it quiet or do you hear your neighbours?
Many thanks as always
May 14th, 2007, 08:54 PM
Original Poster

Anyone know please?
May 14th, 2007, 10:02 PM

Hi,
I don't remember being bothered by noise when I stayed there. I don't think we heard people in other rooms or anything like that. We might have heard occasional noise from the street but as it's a pedestrian street, there's no loud traffic noise. We didn't need A/C so unfortunately can't answer your question on that.
May 15th, 2007, 01:44 AM

Never heard a peep from the other rooms and as hanl said the street is mainly pedestrianized we heard no street noise either. Sorry we were there in November and didn't need AC>
May 15th, 2007, 04:09 AM
Original Poster

Has anyone stayed at Hotel La Residence during the summer-I want to know about air conditioning there during the summer?
May 15th, 2007, 04:27 AM

patty, We stayed there for three nights last August from the 15th to the 18th. Our stay was very comfortable so a/c must have been working just fine. Then again, August 2006 in France (I was there the entire month) was unusually cool. I was prepared for heat and had to layer for warmth Our room faced the front of the hotel; we weren't bothered by either interior sounds or street noise. I would certainly recommend La Residence for comfort, price and location. Deborah
May 15th, 2007, 02:01 PM
Original Poster

Thank you everyone. deborah-would youy stay in July ? Would you risk it(juluy should be hot so A/C would be necessary?)
May 15th, 2007, 02:11 PM

patty - you are going to have a nervous breakdown before you trip
Relax... The hotel is wonderful
As their website says. They have AC
The rooms are sound proofed.
The location could not be better.
It is clean.
There is a free computer in the lobby.
You can't beat the price.
Start worrying about the important things like where to eat in the food capitol of France.
May 15th, 2007, 02:15 PM

I highly recommend Le Residence. I was there in October, but used the AC every night I was there as it was unseasonably warm. It worked just fine. I loved the location and would not hesitate to stay there again.
May 15th, 2007, 02:19 PM
Original Poster

Thank you very much! I hear the restaurants are fabulous.
May 15th, 2007, 02:56 PM

I stayed there for 4 days during a summer heatwave, and my room a/c was great. Room was completely soundproof, and I so loved the location. Most of the front desk clerks were polite and helpful, but I speak French so don't know about their English speaking abilities. I used the computer in the lobby several times - they have to connect you so you will need to tell them at the desk that you'd like to use it. I ate breakfast at the hotel every morning because I don't like to go out before I have coffee, and the breakfast was substantial and very reasonably priced.
May 15th, 2007, 03:13 PM

Was there in August with a street-facing room. AC worked fine. No noise.

Really, pattie, relax!
May 15th, 2007, 03:50 PM

yes, patty, I would stay there at anytime of the year under any conditions. For the money it is a terrific bargain, personnel is top notch and the one thing you cannot control is the weather.

I stressed out about being there in August, heard all the tales about how everything is closed in Paris during the month and found it all was a non-issue.

Lyon is a fabulous city, lots to see and do. The traboules are unique to the city. Take the walking tours offered by the city of Lyon, buy the multiple days city pass, take a boat ride or two and just explore.

Have a great trip, Deborah
May 15th, 2007, 09:02 PM
Original Poster

Yes,the breakfast there is at a great rate so I intend to have it every day.
Thanks again everyone
May 16th, 2007, 02:26 AM

Patty, you can find my trip report and lots of Lyon photos at this website

http://tinyurl.com/2le76a
May 16th, 2007, 03:20 PM

Patty. in fact there are several Lyon and area reports on that site