La Spiaggia or Hotel Pasquale??

Mar 11th, 2006, 07:32 AM
Original Poster

La Spiaggia or Hotel Pasquale??

We are going to Cinque Terre and staying in Monterosso for 2 days in July, and right now have reservations at both La Spiaggia and Hotel Pasquale. Both are similar in price and both seem to have great reviews. Can anyone comment on why one would maybe be better than the other? I see that La Spiaggia does not have air conditioning. Could this be a big problem in July? Also, any comments regarding the location of each hotel? Thanks!
Mar 11th, 2006, 07:44 AM

I'm not familiar with La Spiaggia but the Hotel Pasquale is right on the beach and all rooms have sea views. It's owned by the Pasini Family, who also own the wonderful Villa Steno, just a short uphill walk from the beach.
The Pasquale is near the RR tracks, but I've never really heard any complaints about noise.
Jul 21st, 2007, 07:51 AM

Hands down la Spiaggia just for the owner,Andrea.
Jul 21st, 2007, 08:21 AM

I have stayed at Pasquale in March and cannot recall if they have air conditioning. No a/c in July in my opinion is definitely a problem! Pasquale is a no frills room but it was clean and our room had gorgeous view over the water's edge and out to sea. The train noise did not bother us one bit. Try to get a room on bottom floor if you don't like climbing stairs. We were on the top floor and by the time we lugged baggage up we were exhausted.
Jul 22nd, 2007, 09:59 AM

Not sure, never been but we can't find a place that isn't booked! If you choose NOT to stay at Pasquale - can you give them my email address? It is:
[email protected] ... then we may have a room after all! Thanks!