Luxury Superior Room at Le Regent Paris

Jun 24th, 2005, 11:09 AM
Original Poster

Luxury Superior Room at Le Regent Paris

I am looking at rooms for three in Paris. Le Regent in the 6th came back with a Luxury Superior room with two single beds and then they would add a third bed. They say the size of the room is 23m2. I looked at some old threads about Paris hotel room sizes but am still a little confused. Is the size of this room too small for three-2 teenagers and a Mom? I know the standard rooms at the Regent are small but it might be better to get one deluxe room for the teenagers and one standard room for Mom. Sounds like the standard room at this hotel is very small-would it be OK for one person? I also believe the standard rooms are in the back of the hotel so wondered if they are more dreary than those that face the street. Thanks alot for your help.
Jun 24th, 2005, 11:22 AM

23 Sq Meters is slightly less than 250 Sq Ft..say a room 25"x10"..That certainly should be big enough for 3 single beds....but you'll only have 1 bathroom for 3 people ..and if you are all females that might be a problem with 2 teen-agers!
Jun 24th, 2005, 11:23 AM

Obviously I meant feet...'.. not inches..."..
Jun 24th, 2005, 11:32 AM
amelia

Have stayed there three times. You three could fit into that large superior room easily. The bathroom tends to be a one-person at a time design (but nice!)and as a mother of two girls with long hair, I always opt for the extra bath whenever I can.

I've had a regular standard, too, and even the teeny tiny standard. What a hoot! But even if you end up with this last one, a closet-size room under the stairs at the back (it might be the only one of its type in the entire hotel) you'll still be fine. The colors were pretty and non-dreary, and as I recall, the front desk always was clear in describing the room and its correlated room rate.

Nice hotel, good staff, great location.

Jun 24th, 2005, 11:56 AM

I've stayed in the superior rooms too, and while they are quite comfortable with room to move around on either side or at the foot of the bed, I'm having a hard time picturing where they would put a third bed. I can't imagine being able to get my the foot of the bed if one were put crosswise there. Frankly I think your idea of adding a standard room is great. Three people sharing a bath, especially when two are teens (and I'm not sure which is worse there -- boys or girls) sounds pretty rought to me. Having your own bath would be very nice, and the three of you can spend leisure time in the larger room. Yes the standard ones do not have the two large windows to the front and are a lot darker, despite still colorful decor. Some are basically right next to the superiors, so perhaps you could get almost adjoining superior and standard.
Jun 24th, 2005, 12:17 PM
Original Poster

Patrick-Reading about this hotel, my thought was the same as yours. By the way, one of the teenagers is a boy so that helps alot. But it looks like there are two size of superior rooms. On their website, they mention a superior deluxe but the offer I had from them was a superior luxury. So I was assuming the luxury superior is bigger than the deluxe superior. I will e-mail the hotel and find out the difference. In the meantime, if anyone has stayed the luxury superior room or knows if there is more than one type of superior room, I would appreciate your feedback.
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:48 AM
Original Poster

I got an e-mail from the hotel. The luxury and deluxe superior room are the same size so it might be better to get two rooms. I know Le Regent is close rue de buci. Has anyone had problem with the street noise as de buci has a couple of restaurants that stay open late. On tripadvisor no one really complained about noise but most of them weren't there in the summer where people are outside more.
Jun 25th, 2005, 12:35 PM

Le Regent is off of rue de Buci. I guess there could be street noise, but only if you have your window open. I like this hotel and its location. Hope to stay there someday.
Jun 25th, 2005, 03:11 PM

I have only stayed on the front rooms at Le Regent during the summer. My windows stay closed and the air on, just like at any other Paris hotel I might choose. I would not be able to sleep in much of Paris in the summer with windows open -- if not for the heat, then for the noise. If not on a busy street, then when people go by talking loudly or when deliveries or trash pick up happens in the wee hours of the morning. The windows at Le Regent are double ones and I've never been bothered by noise through them.
Jun 25th, 2005, 05:59 PM

Hi Paula. I'll be staying at Le Regent in August. In my communications with them, they told me that the deluxe rooms are 20m2, and the superior deluxe are 23m2. Otherwise, they have the same amenities. When will you be going?
Jun 25th, 2005, 11:01 PM
Original Poster

Iregeo - I am actually helping a friend who is leaving for Europe next week. She decided at the last minute to do this trip and had no idea where to stay. So unfortunately, I will not be going but my friend and her two children will be there July 14-19. She has decided to book Le Regent but I think she is going to get two rooms instead of the one. I think she is lucky to get this hotel at the last minute. I was in Paris last August and stayed at Hotel Saint Germain des Pres on Rue Bonaparte just a few streets over. Loved the 6th and loved the area by Rue de Buci. We walked over there often to go to the market and the other shops. We usually had breakfast at Paul's. Don't know if it's your first trip there but be sure to try the gelato at Amorino's on Rue de Buci. I liked the Saint Germain des Pres hotel but my next trip I hope to stay at Le Regent.

Patrick-Thanks for your help as always. Glad to hear that the double windows keep the noise out. Sorry to ask so many questions but when you are recommending a hotel to a friend, you want to make sure all bases are covered. I loved this area of Paris and hope my friend enjoys it as much as I did.
Jun 26th, 2005, 05:39 AM
amelia

I had a room on the street and I WAS bothered by the noise, even with the windows closed. A couple of drunks can really impact double glazing.

That said, I always take earplugs to Europe, and I just popped them in and went back to sleep.

Jun 26th, 2005, 06:18 AM

I have some pictures of a superior twin room if you want to see them.......email me at [email protected]