luggage storage at Gare du Nord in paris

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28th, 2010, 10:52 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A few months ago Kirouac posted a great link about a site he put together with pictures and explanations about Gare du Nord in Paris.

First off, thanks to Kirouac. The pictures and explanations are terrific.

Aftyer viewing the pics, I still have a question or 2 about luggage storage at Gare du Nord. Here they are.

1. Is the luggage storage facility open 24 hours a day? If not, what are the hours?
2. If we are talking about lockers, how big are they? Are they big enough for 2 large suitcases? Are there any limitations?

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 28th, 2010, 11:25 PM

The opening hours are on this SNCF website:
www.gares-en-mouvement.com
At Paris Nord, the lockers ("consignes" in French) are open from 0615 to 2315.
The lockers are of different sizes, but there is no guarantee that a locker of any size will be available. You may need two lockers for two suitcases.
There is also a manual left luggage which is open the same hours.
Old Apr 29th, 2010, 06:08 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
There are 3 different sizes. I think you can see the dimensions mentioned on my photos (but I can't check myself at the moment because my office computer blocks photos! )
Old May 1st, 2010, 07:48 PM
Original Poster

Thanks.
Old Feb 6th, 2011, 03:09 PM

We will arrive in Paris with a few backpacks and maybe a small hand luggage, and will probably go to the Catacombs right away before we're able to drop off our bags anywhere. Is there a place at the Catacombs to check our bags? (I found an older post saying there was but I know policies change so wanted to confirm now). Also, do we just purchase tickets for the next available time when we arrive, or do you have to reserve in advance?

If a bag check is not available at the Catacombs, is the luggage storage currently open at Gare du Nord? Again, I found many answers from 1, 2, 3 years ago, but with security policies changing all the time I was wondering about current information.

Thanks so much-
Old Feb 6th, 2011, 08:59 PM

Lockers are still available at Gare du Nord.

I have never heard of storing bags at the catacombs, which would not be convenient in any case because the exit is not at all the same place as the entrance.

Depending on where your accommodations are, you might want to check your bags at Gare Montparnasse instead -- that's not too far from the catacombs.
Old Apr 15th, 2011, 03:22 PM

Geoff mentions manual left luggage. Does that mean a counter , manned by a person ? I'd like to know there was an alternative if all the lockers are taken.
Old Apr 15th, 2011, 03:26 PM

Also could someone please top the post where Kerouac posted the pictures of Gard du Nord. I'd appriate it. I cannot find the post.
I'll be in Paris in June, and need all the help I can get. I'll be arriving and departing on the Eurostar from London.
Old Apr 15th, 2011, 09:00 PM

Try this: http://tinyurl.com/348fu7n

The lockers are in "reply #3".
Old Apr 15th, 2011, 09:27 PM

Thank you very very much . I appreciate the help ( my fingers typed the word
correctly this time !)
Old Apr 16th, 2011, 05:04 AM

I haven't been to the catacombs in years, but cannot imagine they are storing bags for people there. Not only is the exit different from the entrance (of course you could walk back, I guess it's about 1.5 km), they simply don't have enough space to have a baggage checking facility down there. It isn't that big and isn't exactly a modern facility, being underground caverns. I haven't read any post by someone saying that and couldn't find it, but I just don't see how that would work. Their website also clearly states they don't have a vestiaire. They don't even have toilets, let alone a baggage checking facility.