Luggage in Versailles - What to do??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9th, 2009, 03:45 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, can anyone help me in regards to visiting Versailles. We are leaving Paris to pick up a rental car (the car rental office is only open 8 to 12 (Saturday)) at 8AM - then we figure we have to move the car to the Versailles parking lot so we can then spend the day at Versailles before heading to Caen. My question is... what to do with our luggage. We keep hearing not to leave it in the car - so we thought perhaps we can leave it at the palace. Has anyone used their baggage storage? Will they take suitcases? I have enquired at Versailles - but just get a general 'baggage ok' reply. I would like to hear if anyone has actually left suitcases there. If not - any other ideas out there? Thanks for your help.
Old Apr 9th, 2009, 04:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You're going to have to leave the luggage in the car while you're traveling - stopping for meals etc. Just make sure it all fits in the trunk and you don;t leave anything at all in the car.

And, whatever you do, don;t move anything from the car to the trunk in the parking lot where loiterers can see it. We would always park tail in - so anyone trying to get to the trunk would find themselves stuck up against a wall - thinking thieves would go for cars with easier access.