Lufthansa Airport Bus - Munich

Old Aug 23rd, 2004, 12:21 PM
Original Poster

Lufthansa Airport Bus - Munich

bob_brown mentioned this bus in an earlier post regarding the Tryp Hotel.

bob_brown or others, can you offer some details, such as where to pick up the bus? How much is the fare, and do you pay on the bus?

Thank you.
Old Aug 23rd, 2004, 12:27 PM
yk

some of your q's can be answered on the Lufthansa's website:
http://www.lufthansa-terminal2.com/en/anfahrtauto.html#

Click on the "Lufthansa Airport Bus: Timetable/Fares" and you can download the time schedule. The fare is € 9 one-way or € 14,50 r/t.
Old Aug 23rd, 2004, 12:28 PM
Original Poster

Danke schon!
Old Aug 23rd, 2004, 09:26 PM

I still think the bus is the easiest way into town, mainly because your luggage is locked up under the bus and there are stops only at the airport and at the Nordfriedhof stop in the northern section of Schwabing.

The Nordfriedhof stop is right by a U-Bahn entrance. Or the driver can call a taxi to meet you.

You pay the driver as you board. The easiest and quickest way is to pay with euros.

The bus leaves from the far left as you exit the original terminal 1. The stop is outside area A of Terminal 1. There is a so called common area just outside area C of Terminal 1.

I am not sure where the departure stop is at T2. Look for the H in yellow and green. This web site has a diagram of the stops and a schedule.

http://www.autobusoberbayern.de/lini...lenpreise.html

9.50€ one way (Einfach); 15€ round trip ( hin und Rück). To see the departure times click on word Abfahrtszeiten. That is German for departure times.

The journey into town is 50 minutes.
There are departures every 20 minutes. From T2, the departures are on the hour, and at 20 minutes and 40 minutes after the hour until the last departure at 9:40 pm -- 21:40. Departures from other stops are 4 minutes later for Area A and 8 minutes later for the
Zehtralbereich -- central area.

I am hedging on the boarding point at T2 because I have only departed from T2. I have yet to arrive at T2 and actually find the bus stop to ride into the city.

I took the bus from Area A of T1 last year. The year before I took it from from Area A of T1 and Area D. The Area D stop is no longer used.

I think the diagram will help you locate the bus stops.
Old Aug 24th, 2004, 06:36 AM

when I say departed from T2, I mean departed by air. I arrived from town on the bus. I have not arrived at T2 by air and gone out to find the bus at T2 to travel into Munich.
Old Aug 24th, 2004, 08:50 AM
Original Poster

Thanks bob_brown!