Dinner in Munich

Old Aug 23rd, 2004, 04:01 PM
Original Poster

Dinner in Munich

We would like to know if anyone has a favorite place to eat in Munich? Our hotel is the K+K Hotel am Harras, I don't know where it's located. So if anyone could help,
we thank you in advance. about 50 Euro with
beer.
Old Aug 23rd, 2004, 07:57 PM
rex

You should check www.tripadvisor.com

Best wishes,

Rex
Old Aug 23rd, 2004, 08:30 PM
DAX

My favorite restaurant within the specified budget would be an Italian restaurant in Schwabing called LOCANDA PICOLIT on Siegfriedstr 11 (Tel:396447). The interior is modern but quite nice and the food is always very good. Just take the U bahn #6 direction Garching (going north) for about 8 stops from Harras and get off on Muenchner Freiheit. The restaurant is about 3 blocks west from the U bahn station.

There are several german restaurants in oldtown that I tend to go without giving much thought because they are always good:

RATSKELLER below the Rathaus(=townhall) in Marienplatz in oldtown actually serves decent german food with a very nice Bavarian atmosphere and medium prices.

SPATENHAUS is favored by many Fodorites. It has a great Bavarian atmosphere & traditional german food.

WEISSES BRAUHAUS, an informal less expensive restaurant that I would recommend, is just a few blocks east of Marienplatz after you walk pass an old citygate along Talstrasse on your left side. If it's warm enough they serve outside, otherwise you'll be sitting inside sharing a table with others.

KAEFER is a wellknown gourmet name in Muenchen. They have 3 restaurants in Munich, rather pricey except for their newest branch near ODEONSPLATZ. (U bahn# 6, Odeon station). Your hotel concierge should know which Kaefer it is.
Old Aug 24th, 2004, 03:41 AM
Original Poster

Thanx for the advice DAX.
Old Aug 24th, 2004, 05:53 AM

A very nice, typical Munich restaurant with a range of prices--very affordable. Not far from the Bavarian National Museum.

http://www.liebighof.de
Old Aug 24th, 2004, 09:12 AM

I am just back from Munich and we found a lovely, very authentic Italian restaurant that we returned to, 2 nights because the food and atmosphere was so good.
It's called La Vecchia Masseria and it's on 4 Mathildenstr. in the city centre. We got a taxi there so not sure about the nearest U Bahn stop. The food was wonderful and it was very reasonable.
For an authentic Bavarian meal, we also tried the Augustiner Restauarant on Neuhauser Str. and the Ratskeller Restaurant at the Marienplatz.