Munich Airport Lufthansa Bus Question?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24th, 2003, 08:52 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are arriving on USAir, terminal 2. How far is it to get to the Lufthansa bus stop from terminal 2? Does the bus stop at Nordfriedhof U-6 stop? If so, that is exactly where we need to go. Thanks.
Old Nov 24th, 2003, 09:13 AM
rcc

We arrived in Munich via USAir. Not sure which terminal, but I assume it would be the same as yours.
The Lufthansa bus is right on the terminal, about 15 minutes walk from the baggage claim area.
Old Nov 24th, 2003, 09:44 AM

Yes, the Lufthansa bus stops at the new T2. It is marked with a Haltestelle sign in green and yellow as I recall.
The bus makes it first stop at Nordfriendhof very hear the U6 line.
that line then heads downtown with stops at Gieselastrasse in Schwabing, and a couple of more before Marienplatz.

I stay in a hotel near Gieselastrasse on Nicolastrasse and have taken the bus both ways several times.
Old Nov 24th, 2003, 11:51 AM
hsv

I, too, would like to add that the bus stops right in front of the new terminal two. It would require a rather slow pace to make it in 15 minutes. It's rather three minutes from the baggage claim in my opinion- and even closer than the S- Bahn station.
I also seem to recall that there was a stop at Nordfriedhof, I am not sure, however, how many steps that is from the U- Bahn station.
You should be fine with the bus, though. I think it's superior to travelling with the S- Bahn comfortwise.
Old Nov 24th, 2003, 11:56 AM

The entrance to the U6 line is within a few dozen yards. You can see the sign from where you get off of the bus in the day light. I am not sure about the dark.

One thing I appreciated was the fact that the bus driver can radio for a taxi to meet the bus. That may not be in your immediate game plan, but for others reading this, it might be a factor.

The Nordfriendhof (north cemetary literally converted to English) is the first scheduled stop after the bus leaves the airport.

For those of you who have taken the bus from the old location in front of terminal D, the bus no longer goes by there. The stop at Terminal 2 (new one) has become the second stop.
Old Nov 24th, 2003, 01:09 PM
Original Poster

Thank you everyone, you have been very helpful and now I know exactly what to do. We usually take the S-bahn when we are staying closer to Marienplatz. We enjoy the ride and it is convenient. But, this time we need to get to Nordfriedhof and if we went via S-bahn we would need to go to the Marienplatz and then transfer to the U-bahn. The bus is perfect! A helpful website for Munich public transportation is http://www.mvv-muenchen.de/en/mvv-in...ice/index.html The S-bahn from the airport to downtown requires 8 stripes on the stripe ticket. The other tickets (one day, 3 day partner, etc. cannot be used for the airport s-bahn). We ususally get a three day partner ticket. For this trip, we will be staying longer and figured out that a 3 day partner pass and then the week Isar Card works out the best. The week Isar Card goes from Monday to Monday. Thanks again, we will arrive in Munich on Friday morning.