Luftansa?

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 03:14 PM
newt

Luftansa?

We found r/t tickets to Bologna for 552.00
on the dates we need to travel. Have any of you flown Luftansa to Italy? Any problems?
Thanks, Newt

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 03:19 PM
Jimi

newt:

We have flown Lufthansa to Europe from Miami the last three times to Europe. The last time was miami-frankfurt-venice and this time as the past two times, Lufthansa was perfect. Their staff is straight forward and very business like but they are on time and deliver what they say. I'm sure that there will be posters that disagree with me, but from my experience, Lufthansa is the best.

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 03:19 PM
Chris

I never have trouble with Lufthansa. Their on-time record is great and so is their security.
Service is a little cold and the food isn't that good but it's a solid airline.
Alitalia stinks.

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 04:12 PM
donna

Ditto...Ditto Go for it!
You'll be pleased you chose Luftansa.

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 04:43 PM
Mike

We flew Lufthansia from Newark to Munich via Frankfurt. Our luggage never made the Munich flight from Frankfurt, and arrived, one bag in the late afternoon, and the other bag at 1:00 AM the following morning -- had to ring our hotel room and wake us up to collect the luggage.

On the return flight, we checked into Munich airport 3 hours ahead of time and found out that Lufthansa had changed our flight the previous day into JFK instead Newark. We were outraged. Our car was at Newark. They just gave us the old Italian Salute. No one could answer the question as to why we were changed. The plane was an Airbus with 2-4-2 seating. We had confirmed 2 seating up front (isle/window). Ended up in the center of a 4 section in the back of the bus. We were told we were lucky to be on the flight. What a crock of !!!!! Customer service is not an attribute of Lufthansa

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 05:01 PM
Maria

I've flown Lufthansa at least 20 times and have never had a problem.
Yes, customer service is a little cold but it's one of the safest and most efficient airlines.
You got a good price on a great airline.

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 05:08 PM
Mike

I forgot to tell you about the crappy food. Sitting in the back of the bus our only choice was a vegetarian dish that was garbage.

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 05:11 PM
Sherri Kardell

Dear newt;
I have flowen with Luftansa many times I've never had a problem. They are assoiated with Uniteed so you can use your miles on United ; if you want.
Have fun

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 07:22 PM
bailey

ttt

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 08:00 PM
dean

HGave flown Lufthansa to Italy 3 times. Not my favorite airline but ok on two trips. The last time we were stopped at the gate in Frankfurt and told that we could only have 3 carryons since we weer a couple. If we had been apart we could carry ont he 4 items we were allowed to carry from Italy to Germany. We were made to check a bag resulting in breakage. The plane was not very full and there was much space in the overheads.

Complaints fell on deaf ears. Not a pleasant experience. Haven't flown them since but I would if I could save a bunch of money doing so. Just would not carry on more than a bag apiece.

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 08:10 PM
Char

Well, we're scheduled to fly on Lufthansa this fall. We chose this airline because I'd heard allright things about it and they had a low fare.

Now this was since March and after that time I've heard ugly stories about Lufthansa. And I'm prone to believe them as I myself called their customer service and I might as well have helped myself-I could have done a much better job alone. All the agents I spoke with acted as though they were doing me a favor just by entertaining my call. Very inferior customer service for sure.

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 08:20 PM
Thom

Dear Newt,
I like Lufthansa. Very punctual and security driven even before 9/11. They could use better food but other than that, it's very good.

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 08:22 PM
Char

About the food I'm curious now-what is it exactly do they serve? You'd think they'd try to make something palatable.

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 08:25 PM
Thom

Very bland and rubbery. I'm not big into German food and Lufthansa food doesn't have much taste.

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 08:32 PM
Char

I see okay, well, it seems similar to what we had on Air France a few years ago. My son compared the crepe (which really did not look like a crepe by the time it was served) to a rubber chew toy for dogs. Well, I think we'd better bring our own food. How disgusting they serve such gross things-can't even call them "meals".

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 10:26 PM
Carin

We flew Lufthansa last year and had a great experience. On the way to Frankfurt we were bumped to Business Class and it was fabulous. The service and food were wonderful! On the way home we were in economy and it was more cramped, but the food was not bad and the service was fine. I think the bathrooms could have been a little cleaner, but it was a full flight and a long trip (Frankfurt to Los Angeles). I would certainly fly them again (in hopes of again getting bumped!). We booked that flight through tiss.com (flights.com) and it was a great price - I just can't remember what it was ($660?) We did go to Italy (changed planes in Frankfurt for a flight to Florence) I forgot the airline - a much smaller plane, but I do remember that flight and the food - it was great - some yummy Swiss cheeses and cold cut sandwiches with chocolates and fresh orange juice!

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 11:41 PM
Melissa

I found Lufthansa to be fine. However, I know a guy in Munich who says he will never fly them again. He asked for an extra orange juice, and the flight attended sneered, "Yes, it's always better when it's free, isn't it?" After that, he was done with Lufthansa and was saying he would rather make extra connections on other airlines than fly Lufthansa.

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 10:02 AM
rich

my wife and i flew nonstop business class from phoenix-frankfurt and found lufthansa to be excellent.

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 10:26 AM
Mike

WOW! You flew business class? See how you get treated when you fly in the back of the bus with us normal people.

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 10:42 AM
andrea

If I flew bus. class also instead of cattle class, I wouldn't have complaints also, would I?