Reload this Page >

Lufthansa to Italy?

Search

Lufthansa to Italy?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 02:27 PM
Doris

Lufthansa to Italy?

We are considering a flight to Bologna with a stop in Frankfort, on Lufthansa? Has anyone taken this flight, or have any info on Lufthansa? Thanks. Doris

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 02:53 PM
Linda

It is a first class airline. They poured wine all night....then I slept to Frankfurt. I was very annoyed in Frankfurt because they made me check my carry on, which has never been checked in ever!! Those German ladies at the gate were awful!!

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 04:02 PM
Sherri

Hi Doris I've flowen on Lufthansa to Italy and other cities in Europe several times and have had no problems; it's a German airline and the food is not the best ( a little heavy). They are associated with United and you can use your miles on both airlines.<BR>Good luck<BR>to the top for Doris<BR><BR>Sherri

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 06:13 PM
Dayle

My last trip to Italy was on Lufthansa 2 years ago. LAX-Frankfurt-Milan & returned out of Venice for same price. Flights left & arrived on time, flight crew helpful & professional, NO LOST LUGGAGE, & food was edible.<BR><BR>The Frankfurt airport is HUUUUGE!<BR><BR>Buon viaggio!

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 06:30 PM
Mike

My flight, Lufthansa to Munich was a nightmare. No luggage for hours after an all-night flight. I had confirmed flight & seats on the return flight, and the day before, someone at Lufthansa changed our reservation (without our knowledge or permission) from Newark to JFK. The flight must have been overbooked. I was hysterical when I arrived at the airport because my car was at Newark. After an hour of raising hell, I was finally put on the flight to Newark. When I got to the Gate and asked why they had given away our isle & window seats, (Airbus 2-4-2 seating) I was told I was lucky that I had a seat. We got stuck in the back of the bus in the middle of the 4 seats. Great customer service. <BR><BR>Now, the food -- gag!!! The wine -- jugged.

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 10:53 PM
Tess

We took Lufthansa (United code share) in 1998 to Milan from Dulles Airport.<BR>The staff was rude. They lost our luggage for almost a week (was left in Frankfurt where we changed planes). We missed our connecting flight to Florida since we thought our luggage was just late. United had to do the follow up or otherwise we would not have gotten our luggage.<BR>If you speak German, I think they will treat you better.

Old Aug 8th, 2002, 03:25 AM
jen

They are partners with United Airlines. Freq.Flier Miles from United work on Lufthansa. My husband did a lot of work in Germany and we fly Lufthansa all the time. In fact, he just left for SanFran via Frankfurt from Barcelona. Very safe airline, very uncomfortable airline. Seats in coach class seem much, much, smaller than any American plane I've ever been on. We fly them because United uses them for their German flights. Safety is the number one issue for me- and that's what they do right.

Old Aug 8th, 2002, 03:28 AM
jen

Hi again, <BR>Sorry let me rephrase this- domestic flights in Europe had huge, comfortable leather seats with lots of leg space.<BR><BR>Transatlantic flights on their big jets were the ones with the zero legroom. If you are lucky enough not to be flying coach shouldn't be a problem.