Reload this Page >

Lucerne Hotel Recommendation Please

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 07:38 PM
erich

I would like to book a hotel in Lucerne for a couple of nights in June for me and my family. Ideally, we would like to stay on or near the lake. We would also like a hotel with a pool, if possible. Recommendations please. Thanks.

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 10:27 PM
Jan

Erich,<BR>Try The Palace and The National. These are 5 star, beautiful hotels with all of the amenities. Also, the Schweizerhof. Most (all?) 4 stars in Luzern do not have a pool.<BR>Cheers,<BR>Jan

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 10:30 PM
Jan

Also, a couple more details on pools. Many Swiss towns have public swimming pools that are quite nice. Luzern is no exception. They also have the Lido which is located by the Transportation Museum. This would be fun with your children. It is an outdoor pool, playground and beach.<BR>Cheers,<BR>Jan

Old Jan 18th, 2003, 07:44 AM
suse

Try the Beaurivage, nice view of the lake with small balconies, and beautiful rooms. No Pool that I saw, but great location. I should note I was there 8 years ago so may be different now.

Old Jan 18th, 2003, 07:41 PM
cstars

i would recommed the hotel des alpes. it is located in the city center. It has a beautiful view of the lake. it is just great and reasonable.

Old Jan 19th, 2003, 06:08 AM
Ursula

Here are two other suggestions for small and charming places. Both centrally located:<BR><BR>Hotel Hofgarten***<BR>www.hofgarten.ch <BR><BR>Hotel Rebstock***<BR>www.hereweare.ch<BR><BR>I wouldn't know of a hotel in Lucerne itself with a pool. The Lido is it!<BR><BR>