Hotel Recommendations in Lucerne

Old Jun 23rd, 2009, 10:44 AM
Original Poster

Hotel Recommendations in Lucerne

I am looking for advice on hotels in Lucerne. We'll be spending probably 3 nights there exploring the area and doing at least one day trip out of Lucerne (any good suggestions on that would be great, too!). We are looking for a mid-range comfortable place to stay. We usually pay around $100-$120 for hotels in the US, but are happy to find things cheaper. We aren't looking for a hostel, but we aren't looking for the "Ritz" either.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!
Thanks,
Jessica
Old Jun 23rd, 2009, 11:02 AM

have a look at the grand...we stayed there with a tour group mind you so i have no idea how much we paid
it was lovely and close to the lake

might be more expensive now of course..this was back in 2005

it is certainly a beautiful hotel but maybe not worth the money ...check for yourself
Old Jun 23rd, 2009, 11:04 AM

oh
and if going to lucerne ..go to mount pilatus and do the lake cruise for another view of the area around lucerne
be sure to find the lion monument..it is my fav of all sculptures

and ask a local for directions to the town wall..it is wonderful to walk along it and the photo opportunities are great
Old Jun 23rd, 2009, 01:54 PM

We liked Des Alpes Hotel. It is right on the lake and not far from the train station.
Old Jun 23rd, 2009, 02:12 PM

Sorry, can't help with the hotel. I would check the Lucern tourist board's website, you can check hotel availabitly and prices, I just returned from Switzerland and used most tourist boards websites to search for accomodation.

As for day trip, Mount Titlis or Mount Pilatus would be my recommendations, if you have a Swiss Pass you can get a discount on these excursions.

I visited the transport museum in Lucern and enjoyed it. As already mentioned, you have to see the Lion Monument.