Lovely Lucerne

Apr 29th, 2007, 02:47 AM
Original Poster

Lovely Lucerne

Just spent an absolutely lovely time in Lucerne. Saw the sights (Lion monument, covered bridges, city wall, museum). Shopped. Went to Starbucks . Twice! Lol - I live in Germany - not many Starbucks here, and I'm an addict. I think one of my favorites was the afternoon spent on a boat on the lake... Basically - just saying thanks for previous suggestions to pick Lucerne over Bern (which I'm sure I'll see later on). Danke gut to you all!
Apr 29th, 2007, 06:41 AM
JN

Glad you had an enjoyable visit, HH. It is a beautiful place, isn't it?
Apr 29th, 2007, 07:16 AM

Thanks for the feedback. Switzerland has had the most amazing weather these past few weeks. It's been sunny and pleasurably warm every day. In fact, we're a bit concerned about our water supply and dry ground. I've even had to water my garden, which is highly unusual this time of the year.

I went hiking today in shorts and a no-sleeved shirt. It was heaven. The nights cool off so no need for a/c (which is a moral issue here in Switzerland).

Now I'm going to make a cafe Zwetchgen, plan our Bodensee bike tour and enjoy the warm evening.
Apr 29th, 2007, 07:49 AM

Sounds absolutely lovely!! Lucerne is indeed one of the prettiest places I've ever visited. Thanks for the fond memories.
Carol
Apr 29th, 2007, 07:53 AM

Glad you enjoyed Lucerne. It's one of my favourites, too. But Bern is very beautiful as well, just in a different way.

Hi Schuler! Same weather here for the past weeks. But this night we got a change - temps dropped with a cold eastern wind considerably. Only 15 C right now. But *very* low humidity (makes for great views!).
Apr 29th, 2007, 11:31 AM

Hi Ingo,

The clouds are coming in here too. Temperatures have dropped. In Brunnen (20 min. away), it's pouring rain and windy. Where I live we've got wind but no rain yet. We're hoping though.