Reload this Page >

Looking for Paris Communal Restaurant

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24th, 2002, 07:13 AM
CherylT

I am returning to paris next month and am trying to remember the name of a communla restaurant my friend and I ate at in Paris ( I think there are several). Unfortunately I can't remember which arrondissament we were in, but it was a rather large building and the waiters wrtoe your order down on the paper tablecloth. We had such a good time here, and met an interesting couple from Denmark there so we thought we would try to go back. The food was pretty decent and inexpensive. Any help would be appreciated!

Old Aug 24th, 2002, 07:28 AM
Alice

Could it be Chartier in the 9th? Zagat's says: "immense . . belle-epoque experience, down to waiters adding up the tab on the paper tablecloth" . . . very large room, 'classic French' fare, bustling waiters in white aprons. . .etc<BR>7 rue Faubourg-Montmontre, Metro: Cadet or Grands Blvds

Old Aug 24th, 2002, 07:32 AM
CherylT

Alice, yes, thank-you, I think that's it! Did it get a good rating? It is a very fun place to meet people from all over the world.

Old Aug 24th, 2002, 07:35 AM
jj

Chartier gets a 9 out of 30 in the Zagat (2002 edition).<BR>One does not really go to Chartier for the food-- which can be ok depending what you order -- but mainly for the fun.

Old Aug 24th, 2002, 02:26 PM
Sue

I thought it might be Polidor in the 6th on rue Monsieur-le-Prince. My husband used to call it The Long Tables (because of all the ... filled with diners).

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 01:50 PM
RC

We ate at Chartier last week after reading a positive review in the Washington Post. Were seated at a table with a well-traveled gentleman from the UK and had wonderful conversation and dinner. 9 euros for great pot au feu.