Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Looking for good mid-range hotel in london with air conditioning

Apr 12th, 2007, 04:52 AM
Original Poster

I am having trouble finding a reasonably priced ($300 or less total/night) hotel in London with air conditioning. I have tried on Priceline to get on centrally located but am putting in 4 star because I really want air and it seems many that are 3 or less don't have air. Same for B&B. We will be there the first part of June and I don't want to be miserable.
Apr 12th, 2007, 05:36 AM

My favorite hotel in London is Regency Hotel on Queensgate, So. Kensington. It is 4 star and Air conditioned. Convenient 2-3 block walk to tube station.

http://www.regency-london.co.uk/
Apr 12th, 2007, 07:28 AM

Rubens-at-the-Palace has AC and we've stayed there twice. Right across the street from the Royal Mews at Buckingham Palace and a couple of blocks from Victoria Station, St. James Park, and Green Park.

We booked both times thru www.londontown.com and got a good rate. You could also try the hotel directly.

www.rubenshotel.com
Apr 12th, 2007, 07:36 AM

We stayed at the Academy in Bloomsbury for about that rate. We were there in June and were glad for the air conditioning. That surprised me. I tend to think of London having the same climate as my home city of Seattle, but in fact it's more humid.

The Academy is a nice little hotel made from several houses linked together. It has a quiet back garden and is close to the British Museum.
Apr 12th, 2007, 07:48 AM

Try the Thistle Charing Cross and book it through www.londontown.com

Excellent location; on top of a Tube stop; extensive buffet breakfast; and definitely air conditioned.