Hotel by BMW delivery center

Apr 11th, 2007, 08:25 AM
Original Poster

Hotel by BMW delivery center

We will be flying into Munich and picking up our new car the next day. Any suggestions on where to stay? We will be leaving after picking up the car and driving down to Lucca. We will need a place to stay for 1 night along the way too.
Apr 11th, 2007, 08:55 AM

The Delivery Center is kinda/sorta in an industrial area North of the city. If you're arriving in the morning, you may not want to stay out there all day and night.

I would recommend staying downtown, resting up, having a couple of some of the best beers in Germany, have dinner, then take a taxi in the morning to the delivery center. That's what we did.

Don't forget, when you drive down to Lucca and go thru either Austria and/or Switzerland, you will need a vignette for your car (toll sticker).

If you get out of the delivery center early, depending upon when you get there, you might be able to make the drive to Lugano to spend the night.
Apr 11th, 2007, 09:39 AM

Looking at the map, you probably won't be that far West to go thru Switzerland. For some reason I had Zurich on my mind since that's were I will be heading from.

You might want to look somewhere around Lake Garda.
Apr 11th, 2007, 04:43 PM

ttt
Apr 12th, 2007, 06:12 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your suggestions!
Apr 12th, 2007, 07:59 AM

I would suggest spending your one night somewhere on or near the Brenner Pass - the Dolomites are gorgeous. The town of Bressanone (Brixen) is really charming. I've stayed at the Gruner Baum, it has parking and is very convenient for walking around the core of the city.