Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Looking for a hotel at CDG with RER or CDGVAL access

Jun 30th, 2009, 01:17 PM
Original Poster

Can anyone help? We need a hotel for one night at the CDG airport. The Sheraton in the Terminal is too expensive. I'm reading about the CDGVAL. Does anyone know how to use it to get to from the airport to the hotels? What hotel would you recommend?

Thanks,
MBW
Jun 30th, 2009, 01:24 PM

Have you tried Priceline for the Sheraton? We got a rate of $110 last year. I seem to recall the Sheraton is the only one in its star category...if you bid that category you're going to get that hotel if accepted.

And the Sheraton is right at the escalator down to the RER platform. Very convenient.
Jun 30th, 2009, 01:33 PM

there are a gaggle of hotels on the periphery of CDG and they have free shuttle buses to the terminals - note though that a friend of mine and others here said to leave a lot of time as the shuttles can run late - my friend nearly missed her flight check-in.

www.accorhotels.com has several budget hotels near the airport with free shuttles. Inside the airport i believe it's only the Sheraton.
Jun 30th, 2009, 01:41 PM

The CDGVAL is an airport shuttle, it isn't going to go to hotels outside the airport. It links the airport terminals, the RER/TGV station and the parking lots, that's all.

There is an Ibis at the airport and it is close to the CDGVal link, as I understand it. I suppose maybe the Sheraton is the only one right in the middle of the airport but the Ibis is right on the edge of it.
http://www.ibishotel.com/gb/hotel-14...al/index.shtml
Jun 30th, 2009, 01:53 PM

The Sheraton may have been the only 4* star at CDG, but most people report getting the Novotel in that category on Priceline recently.

I got the Sheraton on Hotwire for 90 USD, plus taxes and fees.

I used betterbidding.com and biddingfortravel.com to check what people were getting, as well as for winning bids, on Priceline, and for what hotels Hotwire was likely to be using.

I don't think you can do much better than Hotwire or Priceline for a nice hotel with airport connections at CDG.

Hotline will specify Hotel AT CDG or Hotel IN CDG. If it's in CDG, go for it.
Jun 30th, 2009, 02:39 PM

No personal experience with CDG hotels, but besides the Sheraton, which is located directly within the CDG 2 complex, the following 3 hotels are located at or within easy walking distance of the "Terminal 3/Roissypole" stop of the CDGVAL automated shuttle train:
- Hilton
http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hote...rport/index.do
- Novotel Paris CDG Terminal
http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-...al/index.shtml
- Ibis CDG Aéroport Terminal
http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-...al/index.shtml

Hope this helps,
Andre
Jul 1st, 2009, 09:51 AM

For the cheapest hotel yet one that is clean modern, etc. check out accorhotels.com for the ETAP hotel at CDG - i believe a friend stayed in one there recently - they are often located behind an IBIS hotel and are an IBIS light really but cheaper.
Jul 1st, 2009, 09:58 AM

The Accor Hotels shuttle does the Etap, the Mercure, the various Ibises, etc. (Different Accor shuttle for its luxury properties like the Pullman.)

Palenque, that Etap is part of an Accor quadruple play building : Etap + Formule 1 + Ibis + Suitehôtel -- so they must have tons of shuttles going to the terminal from there.
Jul 1st, 2009, 11:31 AM

There are also several hotels one ReR stop away at Parc des Expositions; we spent one night at the Kyriad and had an easy ride in to CDG the morning of our flight home. It's only a short walk from the ReR station to the hotels.
Jul 1st, 2009, 12:09 PM

kerouac - thanks and Formule 1 is the very cheapest hotel in the Accor group (which also owns Motel 6 in the States) - Formule 1 shares WC's with other rooms however, anathema to many Yanks.
Jul 1st, 2009, 05:52 PM

I stayed at the CDG Ibis in the 90s and found it reasonable and clean and it was easy to get to the train and airport terminals from there.
Jul 17th, 2009, 11:56 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to everyone. We settled on the Novotel near Terminal 3. From everything I have researched, it looks like you can walk from the CDG/VAL line to the hotel. Wish us luck.

MBW
Jul 17th, 2009, 12:08 PM

I booked a room in 2007 at the Sofitel Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport Roissy as a stopover between flights. Booked it on-line and paid 120 euros, including breakfast and taxes. It was a VERY nice hotel, and a very nice breakfast too.
Jul 17th, 2009, 12:40 PM

The Sofitel is now the Pullman. (still operated by Accor)
Jul 17th, 2009, 03:31 PM

there are several choices Ibis, Pullman, Comfort Inn etc. but have read horrible accounts of missed flights. We are staying at the Sheraton as it is the only hotel truly at the airport T2
Jul 17th, 2009, 10:02 PM

"Horrible accounts of missed flights" -- generally by people cutting it too close.
Jul 22nd, 2009, 02:58 PM

We just stayed the other night at the Ibis CDG/Terminal which is in Terminal 3. It was 79 Euro with free Wi-Fi. It is a two star hotel with very clean, albeit tiny IKEA-esque rooms.
It was fine for our purposes.

The CDGVAL is literally just out the door.

CDGVAL operates 24/7 automatically and takes you to the other terminals in just a couple of minutes. It's really just a tram that runs back and forth and there are only like 5 stops, the 3 terminals and a couple of parking access stops.

The restaurant was decent and reasonably priced.

I have always been a bit intimidated by CDG; this was a great solution for us and helped reduce stress the morning of departure.