London Study Abroad

Search

London Study Abroad

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21st, 2005, 08:16 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
London Study Abroad

Okay, I've been doing lots of research for my trip(s) around Europe because I want to study abroad in London next spring (Jan 06-July 06). From there I'll be taking weekend trips, spring break trip, and another trip after the semester, hopefully. (Yeah, I'm trying to be an optimist.) I am definitely planning to stay in London, as I have family there and will likely live with them. My question for any of you that can answer - any recommendations for the universities in London I should look into? My university here in the USA has already told me they'll approve anything if I get into it. Money isn't an option. I just want a university in a decent area that people have enjoyed. I'm going to London late this spring (*crossing my fingers*) to check my prospective places out, for nice housing (if I don't live with my cousins), happy students, etc. Thanks!
Old Jan 22nd, 2005, 02:10 AM

It would help if you'd advise what subject you will be studying.

LSE is the place for politics/economics; UCL for mathematics/medicine/sciences; and there are various business schools that cater for business focused subjects.
Old Jan 22nd, 2005, 04:37 AM
oldie

The official source for information on British colleges and universities is http://www.ucas.com/
but the Universities and Colleges sensitive map http://www.scit.wlv.ac.uk/ukinfo/uk.map.html
Is an easy way to see which institutions are in London.
If you click on an institution's website, it will have information for overseas students. Quite often the Students Union will have an "alternative prospectus" very useful because it will describe the institution "warts and all"

Old Jan 22nd, 2005, 06:19 AM
jay

My daughter is currently attending Richmond University in London. It is in a very nice part of London about a 10-20 min tube ride into central London. Their spring semester started on the 17th of Jan and ends in early May. It is a very small school and I can put you in touch if you want. Just email me.
Old Jan 22nd, 2005, 06:34 AM

My daughter spent two semesters at Regent College in London, located inside Regent Park. She loved it, it's a beautiful area. The park attracts a who's who in London; you never know who you'll see. I went to visit her at the end of the program and can vouch for its beauty.

She went as a sophomore and was able to take predominantly elective courses with classes held at the National Gallery, British Museum and homework assignments to the opera and symphony. Tough life!
Old Jan 22nd, 2005, 08:42 AM

UCAS is primarily for UK students looking to do a full degree programme. I suggest you also look at
http://www.britishcouncil.org/learni...-in-the-uk.htm

which is oriented towards overseas students.
Old Jan 22nd, 2005, 09:16 AM

My niece attended Imperial College for a semester. It is located in South Kensington a few blocks behind the V&A Museum. She loved it. One of her courses was to go to the National Gallery and look at paintings!