London Haunted Attractions

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24th, 2010, 06:00 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

-For the purposes of this thread, a Haunted Attraction is what is known in the US as a Halloween Haunted House-

I've recently discovered that there are a few year-round haunted attractions in London. I've been obsessed with haunted attractions for over 15 years and have worked in the industry off and on for that same time period. If any of you are into such things and have visited the attractions in London I'd be much obliged for any feedback you can provide. The specific locations I'm referring to are as follows (but if you know of any others please let me know!):

London Death Trap
The London Bridge Experience
London Tombs
The London Dungeon (which I know is almost universally hated by the Fodor's community but I'm hoping to get input from others who like haunted attractions)

I'd love to hear how these compare to haunted attractions in the US, if they usually have long lines, etc.
Old Jan 25th, 2010, 06:29 AM

The London Dungeon has really long lines in the summer, but not in the winter/off season.
Old Jan 25th, 2010, 06:56 AM

The London Bridge Experience is directly opposite the London Dungeon, is more of a nuisance to passers-by with pavement-consuming (and noisy) "flesh-creeping" barkers, but much less of one in terms of queues (the Dungeon seems to get the business with much less fuss, but blocks the narrower pavement, and sometimes the station entrance, with queues).

Never heard of the other two.
Old Jan 25th, 2010, 07:01 AM

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Flesh-creeping barkers? OK, that's off my list.
Old Jan 25th, 2010, 07:09 AM

I will just re-iterate what I wrote a number of years ago about the London Dungeon -- it is totally cheesy. I am not into haunted houses, but I know a "ghost hunter" and I doubt seriously that he would waste his time at the London Dungeon.
Old Jan 25th, 2010, 08:18 AM

I know this isn't exactly the same thing and may not be what you're looking for, but London Walks does a few haunted type tours.

http://londonwalks.com/
Old Jan 25th, 2010, 08:58 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
And I'm sure the Death Trap is totally cheesy too. It is either attached to, or just in the same general space, as the Movieum at County Hall.

I didn't go inside, but was waiting to meet friends there in front of County Hall next to the Eye. For about 15 minutes these 2 young men in ghoulish get ups one w/ an eye falling out kept running up and down the river terrace accosting people and trying to scare them -- screaming at the top of their lungs. No one paid them any mind and I saw maybe 3 or 4 people enter the ticket office in the 15 minutes.

They were more annoying than anything else.