London restaurant "Dial"

Old Jul 27th, 2003, 06:40 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
London restaurant "Dial"

A friend booked us a dinner/theatre package with pre theatre dinner at "Dial." Has anyone been there? Opinions?

Old Jul 28th, 2003, 01:02 AM

It's good. Service was only moderately good - the waiter could not speak English well, but the food was good. It often has deals via www.lastminute.com or www.toptable.co.uk. It is kind of posh, but not at all intimidating. More stylish than posh, in fact.
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 04:22 AM
AllyPally

I have only been for a drink - modern but cozy with lots of flickering candles. The location is superb - on what is call 'Seven Dials' - basically a hub with 7 streets running off it like a wheel - great atmosphere. If you are not happy with this, I can highly recommend Covent Garden Hotel around the corner (www.firmdale.com)

Old Jul 28th, 2003, 07:59 AM
DMG

I checked it out on http://www.london-eating.co.uk/ and it got very poor reviews from many of those who ate there, especially the service. Maybe you should try to rebook another package if it's not too late to do so.
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 10:13 AM

The Dial is part of the Radisson Mountbatten. I've stayed there a number of times because the location is so great. While the restaurant is fine for breakfast or a late night snack, it wouldn't be my first pick for dinner. Directly across the street (Monmouth) from the hotel is the Mon Plaisir, an excellent French restaurant, that often has very good, fixed price pre-theater dinners.
http://www.monplaisir.co.uk/
But it sounds like you might be committed to a package deal including the theater tickets.
In any case -- enjoy