Reload this Page >

London (Paddington Area) Hotels?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 03:12 PM
M.

Anyone have any experience with Paddington area and its hotels. Specifically, ever stayed at either Quality Hotel Paddington on Tabot Square, or Best Western Paddington Court Hotel and Suites. Are the areas safe? What is the state of the rooms? Was thinking that one night in the Paddington area would be convenient to catch the Heathrow Express the next morning for an 11:00 am flight. Suggestions?

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 03:17 PM
Pat

I am sure the hotels are safe. However the area is grubby and the haunt of prostitutes and drug dealers.

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 03:40 PM
Sue

I can't vouch for the hotels you mention, but Talbot Square looked quite quiet. Paddington is not a fashionable area, true, but I felt as safe there as anywhere else in London. It is also very convenient in terms of the Heathrow Express.

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 04:49 PM
Jamila

I stayed at the Hilton London Metropole in March. The Hilton London Paddington (connected to Paddington Station) wasn't open at the time. I landed at Heathrow, took the Heathrow Express and walked five minutes to the Hilton Metropole. I never walk anywhere in the US because I hate walking anywhere, however the walk went by so fast. The area was totally safe. I'm sure there are probably seedy areas in the Paddington neighborhood, but you won't be hanging there. The train access takes you everywhere else.

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 07:33 PM
Dale

I stayed at the BW Paddington Court in February, booked through Laterooms.com. Great rate, but they put me in the basement. Hey, like they say, you get what you pay for! I was a bit shocked at first, but the room turned out to okay - very quiet, large, clean, with a little garden outside my window, so it wasn't bad at all. Pretty good breakfast, friendly staff and a nice lounge with internet access. <BR><BR>By the way, I never felt unsafe in the Paddington area and would certainly stay there again. There are all kinds of people around and it's just too convenient for the Heathrow Express not to stay here. Go for it.<BR><BR>Dale

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 06:47 AM
steve

Just returned from London and stayed at the Hilton Paddington. Very nice hotel that can not be closer to the Tube, Heathrow express, and British Railway. The most convenient Hotel I have stayed at relative to mass transportation. <BR><BR>Yes Paddington is not the ritziest area, but we did not see any prostitutes or Drug dealers anywhere.

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 07:46 AM
Roger

My wife and I stayed at the BG Paddington and found the hotel to be a typical tourist quality hotel. Basic, clean and ok for a night or two. However, for 20 pounds more you can get a suite, just accross the street, that we found to be really great. Newer, spotless and good value. Also, nothing wrong with the general area, nothing special either.

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 09:13 AM
MarciaB

I just spent a week in the Paddington area at a family run B&B a block from the station. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the area. I was a woman traveling alone. I always felt safe, even after dark. I did not see any prostitutes or drug dealers.<BR><BR>The Paddington Hilton looked brand new and could not be better situated for leaving out of the train station. Walk a block down London Street, and there are plenty of family run B&B's on Sussex Gardens Road. You could not go wrong spending one night in this area.

Old Jun 7th, 2002, 10:35 AM
Bing

Best Western Paddington Court Hotel and Suites - horrible hotel with small pokey rooms (not very clean either) - area not the best either - if you can stay nearer the Metropole/ Marylebone Road - nicer hotels/area

Old Jun 7th, 2002, 06:04 PM
aussie@aussie

In today's Sydney paper there is a good review given to a hotel in the Paddington area - The Cardiff Hotel, on Norfolk Square - cost approximately 48 pounds a night.

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 09:15 AM
meg

I'm a bit late posting this - but the Paddington Hilton is now open. Access directly from Paddington Station/Heathrow Express. 4 or more tube lines converge there, so so need to walk in the "seedy areas". Rooms have tea/coffee-maker, ironing boards. V.good buffet breakfast.