London Liverpool Street to London Waterloo

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25th, 2006, 10:37 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My boss is leaving tomorrow from DCA to Stansted. He needs to get from Stansted to Southampton. It looks like the Stansted train takes him as far as London Liverpool, and then he needs to get to Waterloo Station to get the train to Southampton. Can anyone tell how far it is from the Liverpool station to the Waterloo station? It looks like he can take the underground, but I am not sure I am reading this correctly. If so, are the trains coming from Stansted close enough to the train going to Waterloo to drag luggage?
Thanks.
Old Oct 25th, 2006, 10:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The tube experts will be able to confirm this, but there is no direct underground route from Kings Cross to Waterloo. The most commonly recommended route is get the Victoria line from Kings Cross to Oxford Circus, then the Bakerloo line to Waterloo.

I believe that the distance between the Victoria and Bakerloo lines is not that bad at Oxford Circus.
Old Oct 25th, 2006, 10:59 AM

The SEX to Tottenham Hale, Victoria Line to Oxford Circus, Bakerloo to Waterloo.

The SEX to Liverpool Street, Central Line to Bank, Waterloo & City Line to - em - Waterloo
Old Oct 25th, 2006, 12:24 PM

Liverpool Street (never just Liverpool) to Waterloo is a really annoying transfer. I'd suggest getting the Circle line to Embankment, and walking from there. Any other route involves just as much walking, within tube stations, plus multiple escalators etc.
Old Oct 25th, 2006, 12:30 PM

i always take the bus.

the circle line is a nightmare.
Old Oct 25th, 2006, 12:46 PM

Embankment means a visually glorious, but with luggage potentially horrible, walk across the river, then a whole heap of stairs and roadbridges. You can, in theory, get a train ticket from Charing Cross (the surface rail station above Embankment tube) to Southampton, getting any surface train to Waterloo East then walking to the Southampton platform in the main Waterloo station. But it's still a schlep with bags

Alan's Tottenham Hale route is the way to go: the connection at Oxford Circus is cross-platform, and it's all escalators at Waterloo.

Incidentally, Liverpool-Waterloo is a much easier routing. 14 minutes by Merseyrail without changing. But Liverpool (and the town called Waterloo) is 200 miles away.

Which is one of the reasons why you really must spell out your destination fully here.
Old Oct 25th, 2006, 01:20 PM

Try the National Express bus A9 to Stratford and the Jubilee Line from there to Waterloo. Not much slower in total, I suspect, and a lot less luggage-lugging: level interchange at Stratford and escalators at Waterloo.
Old Oct 25th, 2006, 02:04 PM

Oh, my gosh. Get on the #26 bus straight to Waterloo. Luggage racks are at the front, across from the driver.
Old Oct 25th, 2006, 03:42 PM

I am surprised nobody has suggested using a taxi. It's not that far and not that expensive. For longer distances I will use the Underground for transfers but if the boss has a lot of stuff the saving may not be worth it to him/her.
Old Oct 25th, 2006, 06:38 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
If your boss isn't a tightwad I totally agree w/ Gavin. A taxi willl be the easiest/least complicated.

If he does pinch pennies and wants you to find a cheap route - then the Tottenham Hale option is how I'd advise him.
Old Oct 26th, 2006, 03:40 AM

If the company is paying - Taxi (will be about a tenner)

If bloke is spending own cash - bus. You have too buy a ticket from the machine before you get on.
Old Oct 26th, 2006, 04:45 AM

Definitely a taxi. There is a taxi rank just outside McDonalds. You have to go up the escalators past McDs entrance then to the left. It's actually in Liverpool Street outside the Great Eastern Hotel.