Reload this Page >

London - Kensington Area

Search

London - Kensington Area

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18th, 2003, 11:49 AM
Sharon

London - Kensington Area

Would like some info on the Kensington Area-is it a good place to stay, safe etc? My son is going to be staying there while doing an intership and would just like any info that would be helpful to a college student (and we will probably go visit him there). THanx for your help!! SF

Old Jan 18th, 2003, 12:30 PM
Ben Haines

Kensington is rich and safe<BR><BR>Ben Haines, London

Old Jan 18th, 2003, 12:31 PM
tom

Kensington is a rather large area - but as London goes - it's as safe as any that I know of . Just spent a week in <BR>London in May in south Kensington and felt very safe - but with any large city , whereever you are , you have to keep your wits about you.<BR>Just think your son is lucky to be in that area - checked out a few real estate offices while there and accomodation costs rival or exceed just about any large city I know of!!

Old Jan 18th, 2003, 06:12 PM
Sharon

Thanx for the replies - glad it's a good area for my son -plan to check it out (but maybe stay somewhere less expensive!!) Sharon

Old Jan 18th, 2003, 06:18 PM
susan

Hi Sharon,<BR>We rented a flat in So Ken one year. Across the street (we were on a cul de sac) the house was just for college students. It was safe and clean, a lovely neighborhood. Your son will love it and so will you.<BR>He will be able to get loads of info from the school and other students. One thing I have learned from stories told by children of friends, keep his room locked. So many kids end up being burgled because they leave their doors unlocked!<BR>

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 03:09 AM
Wendy

Sharon,<BR><BR>Your post brought back memories as I was an exchange student and lived in Kensington for two years. It is a fantastic location near museums, shops, grocery stores, pubs, tube stops etc... your son is going to love it!<BR><BR>Wendy